Author Topic: Choosing spells for a Kobold Sorcerer/Favored Soul Gestalt  (Read 1243 times)

Leviathan

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Choosing spells for a Kobold Sorcerer/Favored Soul Gestalt
« on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:37 AM »
So, I'm putting this little guy together for a PBP game I'm applying for, but could do with some help choosing spells.

Character sheet is here http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=330334, and the Prestige class I'm using is here http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10305

PrC Notes:
Standout abilities are:
Cha to HP rather than Con
Two (three at later levels) free metamagic feats, can swap them for another 1/day with 10 min meditation
Can burn additional spontaneous spell slots when I metamagic a spell, rather than increasing spell level (can only get one "free" metamagic at a time)

Campaign Notes:
Level 12 Gestalt
Prime Material plane is being invaded from at least three or four other planes, and about to turn into the mother of all battlegrounds

Character Notes:
Dragonwrought Kobold with Greater rite of passage (Loredrake not allowed)
Gold Wyrmling familiar via Dragon Familiar feat (I've got it a level early, so she'll have a negative level until I hit the proper level). Just couldn't resist the chance to be a Kobold mounted on my familiar :D
Plan is to trigger my Karma bead in the morning after prepping spells and presist up a bunch of things (such as Mass Lesser Vigor and Dragon's Breath (possibly empowered)) and then go standard spellchucker during the day.

Could really use some help picking spells through all this, and figuring out what spells to wand/runestaff/knowstone and which ones to just learn.

Hoping I can pull of the full range of spellchucker roles to at least some degree, I figure I should have enough spells known to at least be reasonable across the board. Not really interested in Gishing, but I figure with Persistant spells I should be able to have at least a few combat options when I don't feel like burning spells (Empowered Persistent Dragon's Breath, shared with my familiar, should do pretty well for mook-blasting without using more spell slots).
Also very much considering taking Seed of Life from Complete Champion and persisting that in the morning. Fast healing 2 and can end the spell as a standard action for 1d4 per round remaining in immediate healing (so with persist, it'll be Fast Healing 2 and standard action "Go straight to full HP" :) ).

Anyone have any suggestions?

*Edit*
I'm also waiting on word from my GM about whether Knowstones are allowed, but if anyone has any suggestions about handy low-level Druid/Bard/Pally etc spells than I could make use of via UMD..... :D
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:55:12 AM by Leviathan »