Author Topic: Psion//Warblade 7, help building.  (Read 1742 times)

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Psion//Warblade 7, help building.
« on: September 30, 2011, 06:41:35 PM »
Okay old campaign nearly died, but is starting up again after the npc rogue//ninja one shot both the fighter//monk and the sorcerer//ranger, since neither of them had see invisibility. Then my warlock//hexblade(with see invisibility :P ) and the beguiler//favored soul hit the ninja with several saves or sucks and such sucked.

So 7th level character, no flaws, LA applies to both sides with RHD only apply to one(tried to get LA to apply to only one side).
Books allowed, SRD, DMG II, PHBII, Completes, It is Cold/Hot outside(Frost/Sand), Dungeonscape, ToB, Dragon Magic. MiC, SpiC, Incarnum.

Races I'm currently considering Human, Warforged, or Changeling. Probably an egoist, or a telepath with sub level if I can get mind-sight allowed.
Stat have yet to be rolled, but the DM has traditionally been forgiving with rerolling stats.

I haven't figured out whether or not to take a prestige class on the psion side.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Psion//Warblade 7, help building.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 07:01:21 PM »
Something like Egoist || Warblade/UA Swordsage/Bloodclaw Master/War Mind would be a pretty good setup.

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 08:01:39 PM »
What about a 1-level Anarchic Initiate dip?
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

the_shadowmind

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 09:58:40 PM »
Not seeing much good from Bloodclaw Master and Warmind.
Anarchic Initiate might be a possible dip.
Leveling in this campaign is slow, so I don't expect us to get past level 10 by next year(pbp).
I wonder if taking the changling sub rogue level with the bonus feat variant would help anything.

the_shadowmind

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »
Okay thinking of Dragonborn Changling
Egoist 7//Rogue 2/Warblade 5
With the Egoist acf to get back the Minor shapeshift after Dragonborn loses it.
Changling Egoist sub level 5.
Rogue Changling sub level, with the fighter feats instead of sneak attack acf as well.
Iron Heart,Diamond Mind, and White Raven as the disciples to focus on.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
The reasoning behind BCM/Warmind was that BCM has some nice abilities and advances Tiger Claw initiating, with such awesome features as Raging Mongoose and Pouncing Charge.  Warmind would add Cleaving Strike (hit 2 enemies at once), give a little more PP, and also let you pick out a few Psychic Warrior powers that you might want as a Gish (most are at a lower level than the Psion equivalent, and some aren't even obtainable by a Psion short of power research).  That said, that last feature might be better served with a Psionic Fist, which combined with Unarmed Swordsage would give you a really good unarmed strike routine that your natural weapons can be used second to (resulting in a ridiculous number of attacks per round).  Combine that with Power Attack/Leap Attack/etc, you get a lot of attacks at very high attack bonuses dealing a lot of damage.

the_shadowmind

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
I see that Warmind, and Bloodclaw are decent prc's but they don't work with the build.
I have Metamorphosis for strong natural attacks, and hustle for pseudo pounce already, and have the Reach power for reach.
I'm going for a more Face/support roll, with Iron Heart/White Raven.
Class choices have been chosen so now I'm looking for the decent feat and power selection.

Stats after Racial: Str 14, Dex 10, Con 18, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 12
Dragonborn Changeling
Egoist 7//Rogue 2/Warblade 5
Psion 1:Replaced, Minor Shapeshift
Level 1:Able Learner
Rogue 1:Power Attack
Rogue 2:---
Level 3:PsicrystalAffinity.
Warblade 5:---
Psion 5:Replaced, Hustle, Chamelon, Thicken Skin, Metamorphosis
Level 6:---
Powers Known