Author Topic: Fun Custom items?  (Read 8531 times)

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
Re: Fun Custom items?
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 04:20:31 AM »
Mirror of Opposition + Hardened + Obdurium Backing/Framework = Mirror Shield.
What it doesn't reflect fireballs and shoots them back from it's mirror like finish? Fine, the mirrored spellcaster casts fireball and shoots them back.

Better than a ready action and Cunning combined since it works off the other guy's free action Spot check. Mirror ImageOA with it's six illusionary clones three times per day would be very fitting for this.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 08:30:43 PM »
Requires DM approval, therefore only useful to DMs. Only time I ever encouraged that was with my CoDzilla.
Which one requires DM approval? If you're talking about the necklace, it's a 3.0 item that was never updated to 3.5, and is thus legal. And it explicitly allows you to add weapon special abilities to it.

And we're talking custom items here. Everything's DM approval only.

Though in this case it's a *legal* custom item, even for games wherein custom items aren't allowed.
Down bessie. I was refering to OP. Usually people quote (as you did) if refering to the post above them without indicating context.
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 08:38:37 PM »
Requires DM approval, therefore only useful to DMs. Only time I ever encouraged that was with my CoDzilla.
Which one requires DM approval? If you're talking about the necklace, it's a 3.0 item that was never updated to 3.5, and is thus legal. And it explicitly allows you to add weapon special abilities to it.

And we're talking custom items here. Everything's DM approval only.

Though in this case it's a *legal* custom item, even for games wherein custom items aren't allowed.
Down bessie. I was refering to OP. Usually people quote (as you did) if refering to the post above them without indicating context.
Except all the people who don't.

Which, unfortunately, is more than I'm comfortable with.

It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

rot42

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:34 PM »
It's like people who have no idea what a turn signal is. They ruin it for everyone else.

When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 10:44:57 PM »

When another driver brandishes a holy symbol and begins glowing with divine light, seek cover or get spattered with zombie brains. I do not see what is so complicated about this.
Nicely done. *Applauds*
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:23 PM »
Not exactly a magic item, but I had a character who animated skeletons and then sewed them up inside stuffed animals to make cute animated toys for the kiddies.

Of course, when the toy got ripped open, there was bound to be some trauma...but serves the little brats right for not taking care of their toys! ;)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 06:27:49 PM »
 :lol

A dark version of the E.T. closet scene.

In the running for meanest babysitter gag.
Here kiddies ... (evil grin)

Foxwander

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 05:57:55 AM »
Not exactly a magic item, but I had a character who animated skeletons and then sewed them up inside stuffed animals to make cute animated toys for the kiddies.

Of course, when the toy got ripped open, there was bound to be some trauma...but serves the little brats right for not taking care of their toys! ;)

Get your local Chuck Testa to whip up a masterwork taxidermy'd baboon and animate it to use as a backpack!  It can reach down its throat to hand you stuff from the backpack Handy Haversack that fills it's ribcage. Put a climbing harness on it, attach rope and it's a climbing, self-setting grappling hook!  Your backpack can run away to keep your stuff safe AND it can guard you while you sleep!
Standing in uffish thought.

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 11:35:28 AM »
Oh, good gravy--you just reminded me of another "custom item" from long ago.  We called him "Wart."

Wart was a cheesy cloth frog hand-puppet owned by a completely-gonzo wizard who treated it as his familiar.  He got hold of a Bag of Devouring and sewed it into the mouth.  (This was first edition; the Bag just had a flat chance to swallow things.)

The other players stopped laughing at "Wart!  KILL!" when he swallowed the evil overlord we'd been sent to defeat...