Author Topic: How to make proper use of Extract Gift to gain personal power?  (Read 4676 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: How to make proper use of Extract Gift to gain personal power?
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 10:53:06 PM »
The spell costs exactly as much as creating an unslotted, custom magic item, yes, and even with CL shenanigans doesn't necessarily allow for extremely high-end items.  What's more, it's a permanent duration spell.  Regardless of your CL, if you get hit with an MDJ then these bonuses are gone.  If you spent the time to craft the magic items, then you'd at least get a save.

So yeah, you really need to make it Supernatural with Dweomerkeeper in order to make it at all worthwhile.  That should take care of the SR issue as well.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 11:54:59 PM »
And I don't believe in negotiating with Demons.  We kill them and enslave them, we don't negotiate!
Weaker people negotiate with demons, powerful people in slave or kill them, truly evil people have demons negotiating for them...

There is a lawyer joke in there some where but damned if I can figure out how to place it.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
And I don't believe in negotiating with Demons.  We kill them and enslave them, we don't negotiate!
Weaker people negotiate with demons, powerful people in slave or kill them, truly evil people have demons negotiating for them...

There is a lawyer joke in there some where but damned if I can figure out how to place it.
Lawyers are demons?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »

Lawyers are demons?

Devils actually. Lawful Evil. ;)
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.