Author Topic: How to effectively use Planar Binding to Immediately Kill Outsiders?  (Read 9149 times)

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: How to effectively use Planar Binding to Immediately Kill Outsiders?
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
One warning about ghoul glyph, a lot of the summonable outsiders have immunity to paralysis so just be carefull with that. I know you don't have to call the same ones that can be summoned but its usually a type based immunity, aka deva or guardinal for example.

Dragon Ally is a bad idea for the same reason

AriasDerros

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 01:32:36 PM »
One warning about ghoul glyph, a lot of the summonable outsiders have immunity to paralysis so just be carefull with that. I know you don't have to call the same ones that can be summoned but its usually a type based immunity, aka deva or guardinal for example.

Dragon Ally is a bad idea for the same reason

I know Ghoul Glyph doesn't work on Dragons. It was a suggestion based on power levels of the undead produced.

For Dragons, rod of Maximize + Shivering Touch.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 01:37:05 PM »
//edit: JaronK, you said Animals, Dragon, Magical Beasts and Giants make the best minions. That leads to the question what methods are best to get those. I don't know any other method right now than just rolling knowledge where the most of one kind live, go there and kill them, but I'm sure there are some spells that could help (summon doesn't work because the summons disappear).

As a Dread Necromancer, even Dragon Ally is off the table... so basically, go find them.  Luckily, it's pretty likely you'll face at least some of that group during your career (they're pretty stock standard enemies).

If you find Humanoids, the Animate Dread Warrior spell is best for animating them, though that obviously requires either Advanced Learning or Spellstitching.

JaronK