Author Topic: Non-PHB2 Knight Taunting Mechanic? Want enemies to hit you!  (Read 3792 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Non-PHB2 Knight Taunting Mechanic? Want enemies to hit you!
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2011, 10:03:03 PM »
Play a Kender.  They have an unwritten racial feature of "everyone priototizes you as a target".

In Age of Mortals there is a Kender only feat that causes enemies to want to attack you.
If I'm not mistaken, the race does have an actual racial taunt ability, but it imposes penalties on those affected instead of making them attack you.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Daniel678

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2011, 10:09:49 PM »
It's a feat called Improved Taunt. It reduces an opponent's attitude towards you to become two degrees more hostile. The feat also includes an AoE version that reduces a crowds disposition by one. The duration is a number of rounds equal to cha + 1 and you need to succeed on a bluff check(vs Sense Motive for one person or 10 + people/2 for a crowd) in order for it to work. Also, if you taunt a single person they suffer from a -2 penalty to attack rolls and AC until the duration ends.

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:59:30 AM »
Play a Kender.  They have an unwritten racial feature of "everyone priototizes you as a target".
Dressing in robes, holding a staff, growing your hair and beard long and white, and frequently mumbling unintelligibly while waving your hands around might also encourage it.
I actually kind of like this, especially if your actual mages have some hidden theurgy type tricks. 

"I am the great and powerful wizard/cleric!  Face me!"

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 01:05:40 AM »
Depending on how RP-heavy your game is, there's always actual taunting.  I managed to get myself one-rounded once talking shit about the patron of an opposing religious character.  Wasn't expecting to blow my save on Hold Person and suffer a CDG one level before I picked up immunity to paralysis, but at least I took the attention off the PCs likely to actually win the fight if they got some breathing room.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."