Author Topic: Do I see a loophole here, or am I being dense?  (Read 10140 times)

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Do I see a loophole here, or am I being dense?
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »
Does this work the way it seems to though? Is only weapon damage multiplied (that seems to be RAI) or is it all damage? If so, I'm using this on every character who can use one.

EDIT: ABILITY DAMAGE.

:-/

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
A Manyfang Weapon of Unerring Direction (MIC) and Ruin (ELH) would be made of WIN and AWESOME.

Add Kaorti Resin for fun.

Use a Kukri or 2 + Blood in the Water.

You can Crit objects and constructs as if they were living creatures, a crit from you does x7 damage from normal, you ignore miss chances, DR and Hardness...

Getting into a vault was never easier.

Plus, since you can Crit Objects, you can charge Blood in the Water to Infinity by dragging it on the ground - expect Druids to attack you on sight for bringing Ruin to the world (you leave a crater behind you, just walking...).

Add Bodyfeeder (+3), and you have a TON of THP, all the time, by attacking the ground - you treat it as a Living Creature, so Bodyfeeder works.

How do you get x7 ? The Kaorti Resin makes it x4, but i cant seem to figure out where you get the rest.

Probably because it's manyfang. A normal Manyfang dagger has 4x on a normal hit, 5x on a crit. Easy to move that up to that a normally x4 weapon does x7 on a crit.

Ohh... i was under the impression that if you rolled say 10 damage, then that got multiplied by 4. Thats 40 damage. And if you did a crit, then it would be 4 times 40 damage. But your way seems to be RaW and a bit more balanced and sane.
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

Thaosyr23

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • aquaman, best superhero ever?
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 02:30:57 PM »
morphing manyfanged shurikens

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
Buy 12 of them and add Mouthpick enhancement.  Give them to the druid that is wild shaped into a cryo-hydra.  He now gets iterative attacks x 12, all that deal ridiculous amounts of damage. :)
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

IlPazzo

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »
Quadrupling the amazing damage dealing possibilities of telekinesis.
Colossal+++++ manyfanged darkwood crossbow bolts. Reaching an average damage of over four thousands hit points.
(Plus a colossal++++ manyfanged darkwood crossbow bolt, for weight limit reasons.)

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2011, 04:11:58 PM »
Seems like Endarire has to update his Hood guide.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, 04:30:06 PM »
Colossal+++++ manyfanged darkwood crossbow bolts. Reaching an average damage of over four thousands hit points.
(Plus a colossal++++ manyfanged darkwood crossbow bolt, for weight limit reasons.)

I feel annoyed when people use the colossal+ size category.  As i recall, the rules state that an object can't be bigger than colossal.  Just because there is a 3.0 table for some epic dragons to calculate breath weapon damage does not override that.

Also, just using colossal crossbow bolts is overkill enough!
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 05:22:43 PM »
Serpent Kingdoms. Like, the book where Pun Pun is from.

So the chance to get the book allowed is zero? It's one of the few books on my banlist...

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
Serpent Kingdoms. Like, the book where Pun Pun is from.

So the chance to get the book allowed is zero? It's one of the few books on my banlist...

Why banning entire books instead of banning things on a case-by-case basis (cases, mostly)?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 06:19:37 PM »
With Serpent Kingdoms, it's better to ban the whole book and then allow things case by case if requested.  That whole book is seriously horrifically balanced.

JaronK

Halinn

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2011, 06:23:48 PM »

I feel annoyed when people use the colossal+ size category.  As i recall, the rules state that an object can't be bigger than colossal.  Just because there is a 3.0 table for some epic dragons to calculate breath weapon damage does not override that.

Also, just using colossal crossbow bolts is overkill enough!

Weight of item doubles per size category, so a colossal X weighs 16 times as much as a medium X. What size category is an X that weighs 32 times as much as a medium X? (assuming same materials for all X)

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
With Serpent Kingdoms, it's better to ban the whole book and then allow things case by case if requested.  That whole book is seriously horrifically balanced.

JaronK

You ban Sarrukhs, Venomfire, and, uhm, maybe Ability Rip? What else is broken/broken-good in SK? I guess Manyfanged here qualifies. Tons of stacked Fang Traps... Did I miss anything?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 11:25:18 PM »
I've had this part of my max charger (its a jumping centuar on crack) build forever. zzzzz
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:04 PM »
I've had this part of my max charger (its a jumping centuar on crack) build forever. zzzzz
Is it at least a Dragonborn centaur?  Might as well get that Dive multiplier.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 11:43:29 PM »
Is it at least a Dragonborn centaur?  Might as well get that Dive multiplier.
Yeah he is, http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3084.msg96175#msg96175.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:23 PM »
I feel annoyed when people use the colossal+ size category.  As i recall, the rules state that an object can't be bigger than colossal.  Just because there is a 3.0 table for some epic dragons to calculate breath weapon damage does not override that.

It wasn't just for breath weapons, nor was it necessarily limited to dragons (though that was how it was introduced).

As well, the fact it is a set of 3.0 rules means nothing, since it was never updated.

C+ exists, like it or not.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »
Buy 12 of them and add Mouthpick enhancement.  Give them to the druid that is wild shaped into a cryo-hydra.  He now gets iterative attacks x 12, all that deal ridiculous amounts of damage. :)

Ow! That hurts.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 02:05:56 AM »

Twilightwyrm

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 07:01:50 AM »
And this is why I don't like that book *sigh*. Still, that is pretty awesome.
"If your heart is fearful throw away fear; if there is terror in it throw away terror. Take your axe in your hand and attack. He who leaves the fight unfinished is not at peace."
-The Epic of Gilgamesh

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 08:13:10 AM »
Wait, people hadn't heard of the Manyfanged Dagger?  It's been around for yonks...

Mostly on stupid Wightblade builds.  Or people thinking they can sneak attack with it.

Personally my favourite is natural weapon amulet manyfangs on a venomfire'd fleshraker, but I see someone beat me to it.