Author Topic: Simple Q&A 28: Revenge of the Monktopus  (Read 144063 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Re: Simple Q&A 28: Revenge of the Monktopus
« Reply #1000 on: October 01, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »
Q 310. Whats the best reach weapon with trip for a whirling frenzy barb?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #1001 on: October 01, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
Sundering only affecting weapons with equal or lower enhancement bonuses is a thing of 3.0. Now, items with enhancement bonuses instead get scaling increases to hardness and hp (+2 hardness and +10 hp per point of bonus). A +5 iron greatsword, for instance, would have 20 hardness and 60 hit points instead of the normal 10 hardness and 10 hp. That's as hard as mundane adamantine (although it still doesn't ignore hardness since it's still just iron).
Not quite true.  You still need an equal or greater enhancement bonus to sunder a weapon.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

InnaBinder

• Grape ape
  • OnnaTable
    • Okay - - Your Turn: Monte Cook's Message Board
« Reply #1002 on: October 01, 2011, 07:17:12 PM »
Q 310. Whats the best reach weapon with trip for a whirling frenzy barb?
A310: If you can spare the proficiency, the answer is always Spiked Chain.  If not, and Reach and Trip are your goals, Guisarme requires zero investment besides paying for the weapon itself.
Winning an argument on the internet is like winning in the Special Olympics.  You won, but you're still retarded.

I made a Handbook!?

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #1003 on: October 01, 2011, 08:03:00 PM »
Sundering only affecting weapons with equal or lower enhancement bonuses is a thing of 3.0. Now, items with enhancement bonuses instead get scaling increases to hardness and hp (+2 hardness and +10 hp per point of bonus). A +5 iron greatsword, for instance, would have 20 hardness and 60 hit points instead of the normal 10 hardness and 10 hp. That's as hard as mundane adamantine (although it still doesn't ignore hardness since it's still just iron).
Not quite true.  You still need an equal or greater enhancement bonus to sunder a weapon.
Where is that stated?  I couldn't find it in the rules.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #1004 on: October 01, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »
Q 308: How in God's name is the Ibranlin from Monsters of Faerun a CR 5 creature?  Granted, they aren't super optimized, but I don't think I've got a single PC in my 6th level gestalt campaign with an AC over 18.  This thing will hit so long as it doesn't roll a 1.  Then it'll hit 4 more times so long as it rolls better than a 4.

What CR should I really treat this creature as?

FYI - it's breath weapon is "weak" - 2d6, 30-ft cone of fire, Ref DC 21, every 5 rounds.

Ah, and its pin ability allows it to jump on top of multiple medium creatures (10 ft x 30 ft in 3.0; would change to 20 ftx 20 ft in 3.5) with a DC 21 Reflex save to get the hell out of the way or get pinned.  Thereafter, just chilling out and letting it pin you deals you no damage, but resist and try to escape... and you take 4d6 damage per turn, no save.

(Though I admit, most PC's could outrun the thing... maybe that's why it's so low?)
Although this did get answered, can we call the next Q&A thread "Simple Q&A 29: The CR 5 Gargantuan Dragon of DOOM"?  Or "CR 5 Gargantuan Dragon of TPK"?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Jopustopin

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #1005 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:55 PM »
Q311:  Does a warforged who cast fist of stone get a seconded natural slam attack or does the spell upgrade his original slam attack?

If he were an artificer and the spell does give him two slam attacks could he bane both of his slam attacks with one infusion?