Author Topic: removing lvl capon spells?  (Read 2205 times)

miz redavni

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • all your planets are belong to us
    • Email
removing lvl capon spells?
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
Its weird.... I remember seeing it a few days ago on here or wiz boards and now I can't find it...

Can someone please tell me how? I know there is a way

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: removing lvl capon spells?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »
poke your Gm in the eyes until he removes them for you

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:19:11 PM »
Reserves of strength feat, usually. It can be argued that it removes all level caps, but the more usual interpretation is that you can only go 1-3 points above the cap, with your increased caster level by this feat.

Still lets you polymorph any object twice into a black ethergaunt and get crazy int.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
DMM Heighten for divines.

Versatile for arcanes.
Lots more idk about / not my specialty.

Ardents with ML boosters for psi.

DavidWL

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 01:13:32 AM »
Frank and K have a "seeker of the lost wizard traditions" prestige class.
http://code.google.com/p/awesometome/downloads/detail?name=Tome0.7rev95.pdf

It's homebrew, but extremely well know and ... well, awesome!  (Albeit a little high-powered).

Best,
David
Some Cool Quotes:  [spoiler]
Quote from: unknown
Non-PC activities like out of combat healing should be left to wands and NPCs. It's not fun to play a walking wand of CLW. Likewise, being a combat wall is not a viable PC role. A Wall of Force could do that.

-Sort of, but you left out the important note that a Wall of Force does it better.

Quote from: Runestar / skydragonknight
The most powerful character is the one that you actually get to play.

Quote from: Operation Shoestring
I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/spoiler]
DavidWL's Random Build Archive

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 01:45:47 AM »
Play a psion? Very few powers have caps.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:52 PM »
Tough you'd still need to raise your ML and spend extra pp.

Other than Reserves of Strength, which lets you break the cap by 3 caster levels, I know of no other way. I also believe strongly there's no other way, unless it's from some more obscure source.

However, I know of  no easy way to pump your ML to insane heights like there is circle magic for spellcasters, altough there are a couple loopholes for (nigh) infinite pps.

So yeah, if this can be achieved, maybe that'd work for some spells with a power equivalent, but...

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:38 PM »
Tough you'd still need to raise your ML and spend extra pp.

Other than Reserves of Strength, which lets you break the cap by 3 caster levels, I know of no other way. I also believe strongly there's no other way, unless it's from some more obscure source.

However, I know of  no easy way to pump your ML to insane heights like there is circle magic for spellcasters, altough there are a couple loopholes for (nigh) infinite pps.

So yeah, if this can be achieved, maybe that'd work for some spells with a power equivalent, but...

Wrong. Reserves of Strength removes the level cap AND lets you raise your CL by 1-3 levels, though the use of the feat renders you stunned for a number of rounds equal to the CL boost. The stunning side-effect can be redeemed by the Elemental Body spell from SC.

And now that we are talking DragonLance, Dalamars Lightning Lance becomes a very fun spell once the level cap is gone.

Suzerain

• Bi-Curious George
  • is on extended leave
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 08:15:19 PM »
Play a psion? Very few powers have caps.
This is not very helpful, and I'm going to explain why. See this as constructive criticism.

1) The OP asked for spells. Except for StP-Erudites, powers != spells.

2) The idea of uncapped spells is that with a low-level spell slot, you can do higher-level spell slot effects. A psion augmenting a power effectively uses a higher-level spell slot to do higher-level spell slot effects.

3) To negate 2), you'd need to know how to recharge your pp (or preserve them). You'd also need power link shards in order to get similar ML to a caster's CL. This is not immediately obvious. And information you have failed to provide to the OP.

Seriously, think on where the OP is coming from before screaming 'Psionics is the answer!', please. Now, if you were to recommend a ghost pixie psychic hood on the other hand...  ;)