Author Topic: Creating a bardic beguiler.  (Read 6874 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: Creating a bardic beguiler.
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 10:04:42 PM »
custom continuous item
Because everyone knows that custom magic items are totally OK in every game, everywhere, no matter the DM...
Harmonize is still Persistable.  Perhaps a level of Spelldancer should get thrown in?

Or one of them feat that let you meta-magic with bardic music usages?

-K
No, those feats aren't that good.  One of them has an upper limit prohibiting Persistent Spell from being useful, and the other takes up way too many Bardic Music uses to be practical.  You'll never have enough uses to persist more than one or two spells.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
custom continuous item
Because everyone knows that custom magic items are totally OK in every game, everywhere, no matter the DM...
Harmonize is still Persistable.  Perhaps a level of Spelldancer should get thrown in?

-K
No, those feats aren't that good.  One of them has an upper limit prohibiting Persistent Spell from being useful, and the other takes up way too many Bardic Music uses to be practical.  You'll never have enough uses to persist more than one or two spells.
Persist + Extend? That way they last 48 hours each.

Still better with DMM, though.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:46 PM »
custom continuous item

-K
Persist + Extend? That way they last 48 hours each.

Still better with DMM, though.
Or Spelldancer.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
Psionics can do Persist alright, but it takes some op-fu for it, and it takes a (technically) 3rd-party sourcebook for the feat (Hyperconscious).

But that's neither here nor there.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
Psionics can do Persist alright, but it takes some op-fu for it, and it takes a (technically) 3rd-party sourcebook for the feat (Hyperconscious).

Do you have something against Spelldancer?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 01:21:56 PM »

I'm just saying.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 06:01:30 PM »

My only thing against spelldancer(and really heartfire fanner as well although you can "buy" some of the feat pre-reqs for it) is all the semi-useless feats needed to enter it.  Now if there is an easy way to get some of those feats that I've missed then that prc is one of the top prcs for persisting.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 07:41:17 PM »

My only thing against spelldancer(and really heartfire fanner as well although you can "buy" some of the feat pre-reqs for it) is all the semi-useless feats needed to enter it.  Now if there is an easy way to get some of those feats that I've missed then that prc is one of the top prcs for persisting.
Magical locations + elder evil worship + Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle?

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 12:44:05 AM »
Two of them also overlap with one of my favorite PrCs and one of my favorite feats, as well: Swiftblade and Elusive Target.  Persistent, Extraordinary Swift Haste...

Also, as shitty as Combat Casting is on it's own, it's also a pre-requisite for a lot of other, interesting stuff.  Endurance is also a pre-requisite for Steadfast Determination, because honestly we're not going to invest a crapton in Wisdom for an Arcane caster.

So yeah, Spelldancer has a long list of pre-reqs, but you can easily use those pre-reqs for multiple, other really good things and get some really nice benefits out of the complete package.

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 01:39:03 AM »

My only thing against spelldancer(and really heartfire fanner as well although you can "buy" some of the feat pre-reqs for it) is all the semi-useless feats needed to enter it.  Now if there is an easy way to get some of those feats that I've missed then that prc is one of the top prcs for persisting.
Magical locations + elder evil worship + Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle?

Ha, the answer to any feat needs.  I was hoping for a magical location or something that I could buy endurance or combat casting for free, but that would work on a dark chaotic character  :D

X-Codes:  The only feat I really have a hard time with is usually endurance as I can often get combat casting without to much trouble, but the only free way I've found to get endurance is ranger3 which unfortunately doesn't fit into most casting builds.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 02:24:07 AM »
I'm not saying to go and grab them for free, I'm saying to use them as pre-reqs for multiple good things and get extra milage out of them.

vilenatas

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 03:34:49 AM »
I'm not saying to go and grab them for free, I'm saying to use them as pre-reqs for multiple good things and get extra milage out of them.

True, but grabbing them for free is nice  :D .

And back to the topic maybe beguiler4/(versatile, heighten, sanctum needed here)shadowcraft3/ heartfirefanner1/prestigebard2/spelldancer2/heartfirefanner+4/xxx4 possibly more spelldancer or shadowcraft mage or pick up nightmare spinner or virtuoso or spellsinger depending on which you think best fits your flavor.