Author Topic: Creating army of treants?  (Read 1203 times)

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
Creating army of treants?
« on: July 31, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »
Liveoak - a spell that creates a treant (from a tree) under your command.
Animate Trees - a treant spell-like ability that animates trees. By RAW it allows for creating treants ("The ability is otherwise similar to liveoak (caster level 12th)"). That's one interpretation.
My intepretation is that it just animates trees (as the name would suggest) like Animate Object or Animate Plants spells. It even specifically points out that the animated trees fight like a treant and have fire vulnerability like a treant. So they aren't actually treants.

What are your toughts?
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

Bigtuna

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Creating army of treants?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 05:19:23 PM »
Well I have always wanted a party of treants - they have +16 racial to hide in a forested area. So how many do you need to make an area "forested"?

In the middel of the city - well there's a forest... *spot check* yeah that's all I see...

But seriously - liveoak or animate trees - fight like treants - but isn't treants.

A party of treants could animate a forest - hide in it - and go to town!

Bill Bisco: Eloquent Elf

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
This discussion has already been featured here

The text could be better worded, but there's nothing to indicate that the animated trees lack any of the Treant's abilities

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:28 PM »
I think you make the trees into treants who uproot and start killing things.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out