Author Topic: PrC for a grappling Crusader?  (Read 1215 times)

genuine

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
PrC for a grappling Crusader?
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:59:08 PM »
So, I have a level 8 Crusader who is going to level soon. Aside from the usual Crusader fun, he's built around a Pincer Staff (From Underdark).

Because of that, he's got Weapon Proficiency (Pincer Staff), Improved Unarmed Stirke and Improved Grapple. He also grabbed Extra Granted Maneuver for his Human feat. He's maxed his ranks in Concentration, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Ride. He also has a few points split between balance and survival.

He's about to reach level 9, and I've been trying to plan what I want to do with him. I could just take another level in crusader and (finally) get Power Attack. He's not as optimized as a crusader can possibly be, but he's been surprisingly effective and flavorful. So I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts for possible PrCs?

I'm willing to lose a bit of potential power for the sake of fun. I can use my ninth level feat for a prereq, and if absolutely necessary I can retrain Extra Granted Maneuver (though faster recharge of maneuvers has saved his bacon once or twice).

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: PrC for a grappling Crusader?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 08:59:46 PM »
Try war mind. Take the Expansion power ASAP, and if you can squeeze it in, maybe grab Practiced Manifester to improve your manifester level and power points gained off your manifester level.

You'll just have to find a way to get 8 ranks in Kn: Psionics.

Otherwise, take some psychic warrior and boost the hell out of that Wis score.

[edit] Ardent with Practiced Manifester and the natural world mantle could get you Metamorphosis in a few levels, which would lay on a world of hurt.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:03:04 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

genuine

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »
Try war mind. Take the Expansion power ASAP, and if you can squeeze it in, maybe grab Practiced Manifester to improve your manifester level and power points gained off your manifester level.

[edit] Ardent with Practiced Manifester and the natural world mantle could get you Metamorphosis in a few levels, which would lay on a world of hurt.

I should have posted up his ability scores: str20, dex13, con16, int13, wis8, cha11. That'll make both psywarrior and warmind tough. That being said, I might see if I can't swing some sort of  custom, use-activated expansion magic item.

Right now I'm considering Kensai or Exotic Weapon master. Kensai would work quite well with him, thematically; and a level of two worth of exotic weapon tricks would be fun too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:58:44 PM by genuine »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 10:13:25 PM »

I should have posted up his ability scores: str20, dex13, con16, int10, wis8, cha11. That'll make both psywarrior and warmind tough. That being said, I might see if I can't swing some sort of  custom, use-activated expansion magic item.

Right now I'm considering Kensai or Exotic Weapon master. Kensai would work quite well with him, thematically; and a level of two worth of exotic weapon tricks would be fun too.
If you've got enough money, what about a psychoactive skin of proteus?

Best item in the game.

Also, a level in monk or swordsage + Ancestral Relic on a necklace of natural attacks (for sizing)?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 10:15:44 PM by Lycanthromancer »
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
I'm thinking with those mental scores a Totemist dip might be more fitting and effective.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!