Author Topic: assume supernatural ability for a psicrystal?  (Read 2884 times)

turok124

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
assume supernatural ability for a psicrystal?
« on: July 11, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »
any ideas to how i can do it?

the only thought i could think of is using psychic reformation when it's under the effect of Metamorphosis, Greater.

my goal is to turn it turn into a phasm and from THERE, turn it into multiple dragons per turn, using quickened/empowered breaths.

EDIT

ok, no love for the subject lol.

so here's what i went for instead:

dragonborn human
dominant ideal (conflict) Ardent 15/Warshaper5

feats
-practiced manifester
-quicken breath
-heighten breath
-assume supernatural ability (breath weapon)
-assume supernatural ability (alternate form)
-twin power
-expanded knowledge (fission)

assumption on how dominant ideal works:  takes -2 off the pp cost for EACH use of a metapsionic feat and multiple applications of the same feat are possible.

*IF* those assumptions are correct, then this is what could happen:

-fissioned selves turn into phasms
-flashmorph to make alternate form a move action
-manifest twinned (*3) haste for 4 extra move actions (3 more for the fissioned form)

so you get 6 move/standard actions to shapeshift and quicken/heighten breath weapons and your fissioned self gets 5 actions.  11 breath weapons to daze, stun, sleep, weaken, NEGATIVE LEVELS, rust, disintegrate, or just blast to your hearts' content.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 03:38:20 AM by turok124 »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: assume supernatural ability for a psicrystal?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:58:52 AM »
Uh... Dragonborn humans lose everything that makes humans good (feat and skill points).

And as for Assume Supernatural Ability, just toss its level-up stat bonuses into Wis, and/or give it a stat boosting item. Then toss on a psychoactive skin of proteus.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

turok124

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
wasn't attached to the HUMAN part.

and the skin of proteus DID come to mind, didn't know if items counted for feat prerequisites.  but if it does...then i can probably pull off 16 breath attacks with the erudite (64 negative levels anyone?)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 06:28:19 PM »
Ardent's Substitute Powers acf ... most likely eliminates the need for the EK feat.
Can you dip Erudite 1 to free up more feat slots ?

Metamorphic Transfer feat can sub for Assume Supernatural feat,
and is superior in some applications. Maybe not here, because you want to use it all the time.
Psicrystal can get an ML via one Improved Psicrystal feat on the Ardent side,
or a [host] feat or something it is Metamorphed into.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:08:02 PM »
Use a lesser planetouched as the base race.  When the only things you keep are stat mods, make sure they're good ones.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
Use a lesser planetouched as the base race.  When the only things you keep are stat mods, make sure they're good ones.
Well, you also keep type and subtype, so make sure THOSE are good, too.

That's why warforged make such incredible dragonborn. 90% of their greatness is tied to their [living construct] subtype. And 5% of the other 10 is tied to their body armor, which is as much a liability as it is a boon.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 09:47:06 PM »

That's why warforged make such incredible dragonborn. 90% of their greatness is tied to their [living construct] subtype. And 5% of the other 10 is tied to their body armor, which is as much a liability as it is a boon.
And which you get back anyway if you take Adamantine Body.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 09:48:26 PM »

And which you get back anyway if you take Adamantine Body.
True. And even if you don't, it saves a feat when you consider that it requires a feat to remove that armor (which is a crock).

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

turok124

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 10:54:02 PM »
i think i spoke too soon about the 16 breath attacks...i keep forgetting that "alternate form" isn't the same ability as Change Shape, and therefore, won't qualify for Quick Change (wanted an alternate way to get move action shapeshifting...or even free action if we stack Flashmorph).

still, the suggestions are VERY appreciated and give me some things to think about.

turok124

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 04:25:44 PM »
ok, if we use Substitute Powers to get Fission, then i can replace that with Metapower (twin haste) to make the augmentation only 2 pp.

so that gives 9 extra move actions while the fissioned self gets 8...grand total of 21 breath attacks.  If we also use the ACF to grab schism, we can get 23

so if we use 11-headed cryo/pyrohydras for damage that's 529d6 damage.  and if we use shadow dragons we could throw down 92 negative levels, which i think is kinda cool :p

i hope i did this right, lol