Author Topic: Wizard/Sorceror nerf to Dread Necro&Beguilar and Cleric nerf  (Read 1458 times)

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
I am doing a quick fix of limiting the Sorceror /Wizard list to the combined Dread Necromancer, Beguilar and Warmage.

Does this bring them into line with the Dread Necromancer and Beguilar?

Clerics spell list is the Healer list+inflict spells+2 domains. Does not get bonus slots for its domains.
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
Re: Wizard/Sorceror nerf to Dread Necro&Beguilar and Cleric nerf
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:04 PM »
I am doing a quick fix of limiting the Sorceror /Wizard list to the combined Dread Necromancer, Beguilar and Warmage.

Does this bring them into line with the Dread Necromancer and Beguilar?
What do you mean? The wizard gets all three lists, but none of the class features of the other three classes?

Personally, I'd just nix the wizard and sorcerer and use those three classes and create a few others (oracle for Abjuration/Divination, summoner for Conjuration, and transmuter for Transmutation). Even still, there are a lot of really solid tricks those classes can pull. Sure, they're not wizard level crazy, but they're still above and beyond what non-casters are doing.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
Quote from: CryoSilver
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:40:10 PM »
Yes

Creating a few more classes to balance out the lists and adding them to wizard/sorceror would another goal.

Maybe making pathfinders summoner into a 9 spell level class and tweaking the spells
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
I started something like this with my own Wizard fix, but the idea I came up with is not even close to quick.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 06:44:58 PM »
Personally I would just use these homebrew class fixees:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174628

Note that familiar classes have been changed.
BG's other resident furry!