Author Topic: [Pathfinder] What should I do with my cleric?  (Read 1936 times)

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
[Pathfinder] What should I do with my cleric?
« on: July 09, 2011, 02:33:21 PM »
For my first Pathfinder game, I've decided to make a cleric. However, I'm not sure what route I should be taking with him. I understand that being a heal-bot is generally considered a sub-par choice, so naturally I want to be more than that. Also, I've more or less locked my race in as Dwarf. My character's theme will be "Beard power," so no other race really makes sense. ;) To reflect this in-game a bit, I also want my first feat to be Spell Thematics: Beards (the DM has approved a divine version). However, I'm willing to do without it if some other mechanic can bring this flavor to life.

The game starts at level 4, the DM says he plans on us going all the way to 20 (with our track record, though, I'm skeptical). Game is set in Eberron. So far, the only other party members I know of are a Dwarf Fighter/Monk, and a necromancer of some sort. We will have more party members than that, I just don't know what they are.

I'm considering a summoner route to prevent some damage to the party, to play around with PF's slightly looser summoning rules, and because I can play around with Spell Thematics that way. However, I feel like I might be stepping on the necromancer's toes a bit with that, so if possible I'd like to find another niche. What can clerics do well from level 4? If it matters, the DM has told me that Channel Energy counts as Turn Undead for meeting prereq's and powering divine feats.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: [Pathfinder] What should I do with my cleric?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:49:02 AM »
Well, I'll get back to this later but for summoning focused, you can use this:
Sacred Summons which allows standard action summons where they match your aura. Great for NG types.
Superior Summons Which adds one to the critters summoned when you summon more than 1.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 09:51:13 AM by veekie »
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."