Author Topic: Mindsight ways to get it  (Read 2777 times)

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
Mindsight ways to get it
« on: July 10, 2011, 12:04:30 AM »
ok i know that mindsight is a very good tool for a character so how can a Erudite or Psion  get it ?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Mindsight ways to get it
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »
Psion goes Telepath and uses the Mind's Eye ACF to trade their 5th levl bonus feat for telepathy.

Eurudite is a bit tougher.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 12:10:58 AM »
Ghostwise Halflings can nab it at level one.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 12:23:31 AM »
If you take shape soulmend (shedu crown) and open least chakra (crown), you can get telepathy out to 100 feet.  You have to be 6th level to take open least chakra, and you need con 13 for both feats. 

Phoenix00

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 03:10:48 AM »
Ask your DM if you can adapt anima mage, tenebrous apostate, and/or apostate of the green lady to psionics.  Then bind Zceryll.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 11:20:14 AM »
They don't have telepathy, they have a very limited version of it. There is a way to change that to 5' telepathy, unless I am mistaken, but that still sucks.

Handy Links

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:36:05 PM »
They don't have telepathy, they have a very limited version of it. There is a way to change that to 5' telepathy, unless I am mistaken, but that still sucks.

How is limited telepathy still not telepathy? Mindsight requires no distance or power within telepathy merely the ability to use it (which a Ghostwise Halfling has via Speak Without Sound).

Perhaps one might make the claim that because Speak Without Sound targets one individual as opposed to all in a radius it isn't in tune with true telepathy, but unless someone brings an actual ruling I don't see the viability of locking out the Ghostwise Halfling from the feat.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 05:49:46 PM »
Mindsight states you need Telepathy as a special ability. Much like the version of Evasion granted by Divine Oracle doesn't qualify you for anything requiring Evasion, this shouldn't let you do it either.

Handy Links

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »
A Psicrystal can take Mindsight @6(?). Wtf is Telepathic Speech if it's not Telepathy, albeit a limited form (like it's said in Telepathy's description) but STILL Telepathy? Same argument here with Speak Without Sound, although Improved Speak Without Sound would explicitly let a Ghostwise Halfling take Mindsight. Etc.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 06:24:16 PM by Shiki »
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 06:22:09 PM »
Oh hey, Improved Speak Without Sound.

Looks like a Ghostwise Halfling with flaws can still do Mindsight be first level.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 06:32:59 PM »
I already alluded to Improved speak without sound, but it would seem the range is 20', not 5' like I remembered. The fact that such a feat exists is pretty much enough for me to be confident normal Speak without sound does not qualify you for Mindsight. All DMs are different however...

Anyway, thank you for the reference to the feat, Shiki.

Handy Links

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:38 PM »
Mindsight states you need Telepathy as a special ability. Much like the version of Evasion granted by Divine Oracle doesn't qualify you for anything requiring Evasion, this shouldn't let you do it either.
All Ex, Su, and Sp abilities are special abilities. In other words, pretty much anything but natural abilities and non-abilities.

Unless telepathy is a natural ability given by your body shape, nabbing it via a class is a perfectly viable means of grabbing Mindsight.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:40 PM »
All Ex, Su, and Sp abilities are special abilities. In other words, pretty much anything but natural abilities and non-abilities.

Unless telepathy is a natural ability given by your body shape, nabbing it via a class is a perfectly viable means of grabbing Mindsight.
You missed the point. What Divine Oracle gives is not Evasion, but an ability similar to it. Same goes for Ghostwise Halfling's Speak without sound.

Handy Links