Author Topic: Finishing up a deific character (8k words long)  (Read 4565 times)

Daniel678

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Finishing up a deific character (8k words long)
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »
Go in with your flying invulnerable box
I'm playing a deity, not the Doctor.

but what can Dispater do to stop you summoning him other than to have already changed planar traits to disallow casting of the spell?

Dimensional Lock/Anchor would be the 2 simplest methods. I don't think that is using them since it would restrict his own dimensional travel if he needs to make a quick getaway.

Sippin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2011, 12:34:03 AM »
Go in with your flying invulnerable box
I'm playing a deity, not the Doctor.
Fair enough. I just love strongholds.

but what can Dispater do to stop you summoning him other than to have already changed planar traits to disallow casting of the spell?

Dimensional Lock/Anchor would be the 2 simplest methods. I don't think that is using them since it would restrict his own dimensional travel if he needs to make a quick getaway.

Ah, did not think about him anchoring himself. That does make it more difficult, repeated wishes could still work I suppose till you burn through his contingencies.

Daniel678

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 05:19:46 AM »
Ah, did not think about him anchoring himself. That does make it more difficult, repeated wishes could still work I suppose till you burn through his contingencies.

Extemporaneous Aura
[spoiler]This spell suppresses the activation of all contingent spells or powers within a 300' radius. The contingent spells are not dispelled, but if their trigger condition is met, while within the radius make a caster level check using the CL of the contingent spell against the CL of Extemporaneous Aura. If the check is unsuccessful, the trigger does not activate. Once outside of Extemporaneous Aura's area of effect, suppressed contingent spells go off normally if their triggering condition continues to be, or is once again met. However, if the triggering condition is a specific event rather than on ongoing condition nothing happens until that event occurs again.
[/spoiler]
Thankfully this Epic Spell means that I won't need to worry as much about his contingencies.

Here are 2 more modified epic spells if anyone wants to give their input.
The Circle Calling a Lord of Hell [spoiler]

Conjuration (Summoning)
Spellcraft DC: 178
Components: V, S, XP
Casting Time: Standard action
Range: 75 feet
Effect: One summoned Lord of the Nine
Duration: 27
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)
To Develop[spoiler]
1,602000 gp, 64,080 xp, 33 days. Seed:destroy (DC 29), Seed:summon (DC 14) Seed:ward (DC 14). Factors: summon a unique creature (DC
+60), summon a CR 66 creature (+122 DC), one magic circle against evil (ad hoc +10 DC), maximized damage for destroy seed(ad hoc +10 DC), prevent regeneration from divine damage (ad hoc +10), allow no save against damage
from the destroy seed (ad hoc +10), Ignore all non-epic protective spells or powers (ad hoc +50 DC), Suppresses contingent spells +36(ad hoc), 1-action casting time Mitigating factors: burn 9,90 XP (-99 DC), 99d6 backlash damage (-99 DC)
[/spoiler]

In The Circle Calling a Lord of Hell, casters may temporarily destroy a Lord of the Nine.

A portion of hell surrounding the Lord of the Nine is suddenly dragged from Hell and forced into the center of the magic circle against evil. The Lord finds that it cannot return to the Pit and that it cannot summon or call allies for the duration of the spell.

The Lord of the Nine's entry into to the mortal coil is a painful one as not only is the Duke forced to the Prime, but so too is a portion of Hell. The simultaneous placement of these two realities causes grave damage to the Lord; the Lord immediately suffers 120 points of divine damage, with no saving throw. The Lord does not regenerate this damage during the duration of the spell (although he may use other means to heal). At this point, the caster(s) must enter the magic circle against evil in order to battle with the Duke.

The Lord of the Nine may make a caster level check to determine whether he can ignore the wards by means of spell resistance.Should the Lord attempt to breach the surrounding wards he automatically suffers 120 points of damage per attempt.

The duration of the spell is always 27 rounds. If after that time has elapsed the Lord is not destroyed, the spell ceases to function and the Lord is free. It may summon or call reinforcements, may return to Hell, or may wander the mortal coil for up to nine days. Most Lords, unless gravely wounded, are guaranteed to exact immediate revenge against at least one of its tormentors before retreating to slowly ruin the lives of other living adversaries.

This spell ignores any non-epic protective spells, spell-like abilities, powers,  or psi-like abilities in place upon either the Lord or the surrounding portion of Hell. The caster of any opposing protective epic spell must make succeed on an opposed caster level  in order for this spell to be prevented. Additionally no contingent spells are triggered by any effect of this spell.

Backlash Cost: 99d6
XP Cost: 9,900 XP.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:29:35 PM by Daniel678 »

Damien_Wilacoth

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 05:16:05 AM »
Not sure if you've already considered and rejected the following for one reason or another, but just in case you haven't - have you considered the Dire Tortoise's Lightning Strike ability (Sandstorm)?

If not, please reconsider it - the Hunefer's Resistant to Blows ability is redundant as long as you have the Swarm traits, anyway...

Daniel678

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »
Thank you, I had missed that. I will add Lightning Strike in.

Also, the Extraordinary abilities that I listed under the "some extraordinary abilities" spoiler block are simply abilities that I can grab with Hagunemnon's Altar Form. I do not have them by default and they take very few resources to acquire for a period of time.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:19:36 PM by Daniel678 »

Daniel678

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »
Here is the Fiend of Possession/Wilder that I'm adding as one of my party members. I am currently looking for some good defensive powers that can be used with Synchronicity.

Name:
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Succubus
Templates: Proxy
Size/Type: Medium Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Tanar'ri, Evil, Native (Ritual of Association))
Level: 94
Class: Succubus 6/Fiend of Possession 6/Marshal 1/Hexblade 3/Wilder 1/Slayer 10/ Epic Slayer 70

Abilites
Str: 43(+16)(8 base + 2 Racial + 28 Enhancement + 5 Inherent)
Dex: 54(+17)(13 base + 2 Racial  + 34 Enhancement + 5 Inherent)
Con: 50(+20)(10 base + 2 Racial + 32 Enhancement + 5 Inherent + 1 Feat)
Int: 64(+27)(14 base + 6 Racial + 38 Enhancement + 5 Inherent)
Wis 57(+23)(12 base + 4 Racial + 36 Enhancement + 5 Inherent)
Cha: 170(+80)(15 base + 16 Racial + 40 Enhancement + 5 Inherent + 22 Levels + 36 Feats + 36 Proxy)

Initiative: 23 (Always go first)

Attack Bonus: 120 = 20 Base + 37 Epic, + 18 Luck + 16 Str + 29 Enhancement

Health: 1920 + Health from levels
Speed: 60 ground, 50 fly
Armor: 149 (10 base + 15 dex + 80 deflection + 35 exalted + 9 natural)

Fort: Saves: 190 + 80 vs Spells (12 base + 20 Stat + 38 epic + stat + Arcane Resistance + 21 resistance + 80 sacred + 18 Luck +  1 Nymph's kiss
Ref: 187 +  80 vs Spells (12 base +17 Stat + 38 epic + stat + Arcane Resistance + 21 resistance + 80 sacred + 18 Luck + 1 Nymph's kiss
Will: 193 + 80 vs Spells (12 base + 23 stat  + 38 epic + stat + Arcane Resistance + 21 resistance + 80 sacred + 18 Luck + 1 Nymph's kiss

Special Attacks: Energy Drain, spell-like abilities, summon demon, Proxy (Divine Mandate, Salient Divine Ability(Supreme Initiative), Spell-Like Abilities, Special Qualities (Immunity to Negative Energy, Stunning, Force Effects, Banishment Effects))

Special Qualities:  tanar'ri traits, Epic VoP(Damage Reduction 70/Epic and Evil, SR 104, Holy Wake, Exalted Strike, Energy Immunity(Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic), Fast Healing 17, Evasion, Divine Ascension, Aura of Menace, Exalted Banestrike, Exalted Evasion, Exalted Sight, Exalted Resurrection, Exalted Grace, Greater Exalted Grace, Exalted Lifespark, Imroved Exalted Strike, Call the Ascetic, Exalted Warrior)

Feats
[spoiler]Marshal: Skill Focus Dimplomacy
Vow of Poverty: Nymph's Kiss, Nemesis
Normal: Sacred Vow, Vow of Poverty, Track, Quicken Power, Twin Power, Quick Reconnoiter, Mind Over Body
Epic 25: Linked Power, Extend Power, Repeat Power, Persist Power, Spell Stowaway (Time Stop, Celerity, Greater Celerity, Wish, Miracle), Power Stowaway(Synchronicity, Temporal Acceleration, Reality Revision, Bend Reality, Time Regression), Empower the Soul, Intensify Power, Widen Power, Extra Turning, Heighten Turning, Planar Turning, Enhance Turning, Ignore Turn Resistance, Intensify Turning, Undead Mastery, Divine Infusion, Disciple of the Sun, Improved Initiative
Epic Slayer 33/35: 3x Improved Metapsionics, Focused Metapsionics(Twin, Linked, Quicken, Insensify, Repeat, Widen, Split Psionic Ray, Searing), 5x Epic Expanded Spell Knowledge, Epic Manifesting, 8x Multipower, 2x Power Knowledge, Split Psionic Ray, Searing Power,[/spoiler]

Manifesting
[spoiler]ML:80
PP: 3416 (80 * 80 / 2) + 116

Powers Known
9: Stygian Conflagration, Tornado Blast
7: Fate of One
6: Co-Opt Concentration, Temporal Acceleration
5: Plane Shift, Revivify, Psychofeedback
4: Dimension Door, Schism
2: Bestow Power, Feat Leech, Damp Power
1: Synchronicity, Elemental Ray

Active Powers: Schism, Share Pain
[/spoiler]

Turning
[spoiler]Effective Cleric Level = 47
Turning Feats: Extra Turning, Heighten Turning, Planar Turning, Enhance Turning, Ignore Turn Resistance, Intensify Turning, Disciple of the Sun

Attempts per Day: 84

Using: Heighten Turning(47), Enhance Turning, Intensify Turning, Ignore Turn Resistance, Disciple of the Sun(2 turn attempts)
Turning Check: 102
Turning Damage:408
Ignore 80 turn resistance
Destroy turned enemies with up to 102 HD[/spoiler]

Tactics

[spoiler]
Manifesting: Mostly this character can just sit back and relax while the deity does anything that needs to be done. Using Co-Opt Concentration she concentrate on one of this spells if needed. If the deity ever runs out of hit points she can Revivify him (Assuming that works on deities). She can act as a power battery with Bestow Power. By using Synchronicity she can always be ready to use Dimension Door or another power on herself and the deity to whisk them away from danger. She has 3 nuke spells which can be boosted up to 80 PP for huge AoE or single target nukes. Just one of these abilities can deal thousands of damage or apply a hundred negative levels.

One cool trick is that she can take a turn to cast any power that Nym knows.

She can also turn any outsider.
[/spoiler]
Marshal is granting Motivate Wisdom for a Spot/Listen boost.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 01:55:25 PM by Daniel678 »