Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer 26: Still better than CustServ  (Read 185949 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
You're a saint, man.

We should petition to get his handle changed to Saint_Kevin!
lol I'm no saint yet. We'll see how my first actual full length campaign in years, goes first.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
You're a saint, man.

lol I'm no saint yet. We'll see how my first actual full length campaign in years, goes first.
Well, you've got three miracles to your name so far.

1.) You managed to put up with a raging asshole of a DM for years without murdering him to death.
2.) You escaped.
3.) You're helping others, kind of like a D&D underground railroad.

I think that qualifies. After all, there are saints with "miracles" that are far, FAR more ludicrous than those.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
You're a saint, man.

Well, you've got three miracles to your name so far.

1.) You managed to put up with a raging asshole of a DM for years without murdering him to death.
2.) You escaped.
3.) You're helping others, kind of like a D&D underground railroad.

I think that qualifies. After all, there are saints with "miracles" that are far, FAR more ludicrous than those.
I can't agree to #2 yet. I will agree to #1 though. Although, it kind of helps that he moved away before my getting twitchy became anything else.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Bard

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
this goes into my signature  :lmao
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

weenog

• Grape ape

Perhaps a spoiler should go into your signature also.  That quote of yours is pretty bulky.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
Q175.5 Any way to remove or change non-energy and non-alignment spell subtypes? (Examples: teleportation to creation or mind-affecting to death).

Revenance

• Noob
Q179

What are ways a PC could become immune to being dazed?

behaigo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Q180

How do True Strike and Avalanche of Blades interact with each other?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:55:46 AM by behaigo »
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

behaigo

• Email
Q179

The Fire-Souled template from Dragon Mag 314 will do that for a +3 LA, plus other goodies.
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

Bard

Q179

A true dragonmark and the feat Mark of the Dauntless
Also from lord of madness the feat Quick Recovery allows you a will save to remove the dazed effect at 10+1/2 your level+your casting stat mod.
I also remember a paladin spell that does that, but can't seem to recall the name or the book sorry :(

Perhaps a spoiler should go into your signature also.  That quote of yours is pretty bulky.
good idea
[Spoiler]
His old DM was on crack. He could take levels in freaking Dread Necromancer if he wanted to and no rule in the universe would keep him from doing so.
Rule 0?
Which, I guess, would be 'no rule,' since none = 0.
What's funny is he always brings up Rule 0. I actually had to ask him what that was, and without blinking an eye he gave me the most detailed explanation I'd ever heard for a rule. It was like he was in a trance when he spoke. Looking it up, it just said "The unspoken DM gets final say/veto anything he wants rule."
You're such a kind man, for taking in abused unfortunates and rehabilitating them.
[/spoiler]

rot42

Q179

A true dragonmark and the feat Mark of the Dauntless
Also from lord of madness the feat Quick Recovery allows you a will save to remove the dazed effect at 10+1/2 your level+your casting stat mod.
I also remember a paladin spell that does that, but can't seem to recall the name or the book sorry :(

The Paladin spell is Favor of the Martyr, Spell Compendium 89. If you have a whole mess of levels to spare or can take epic feats, the Lawful soul chakra bind for Incarnate Avatar (Magic of Incarnum 71) gives immunity. Third Eye Clarity (Magic Item Compendium 141) lets you take an Immediate action 1/day to prevent daze.

Iskajir

Is there anywhere in the web, a complete guide to lowest level spell access? Specifically for Artificer item creation?

ex. Trapsmith has a dozen spells at awesomely low levels. Adept has Heal at 5th. Paladin has lesser restoration at 1st, etc.

jojolagger

• Hong Kong
Is there anywhere in the web, a complete guide to lowest level spell access? Specifically for Artificer item creation?

ex. Trapsmith has a dozen spells at awesomely low levels. Adept has Heal at 5th. Paladin has lesser restoration at 1st, etc.
Here. The spells section is what you want.
Countdown to Zombie Apocalypse 97
When you see this, copy it into your sig and -1
:lovefirefox
Quotes [spoiler]
In other words, he thinks there's a "correct" way to play D&D.  *sigh*
There is: Kill shit and loot the corpse!
When you use a tool the way it was designed for -- its intended function -- then it will work very well for you.

But it's not the tool's fault if you use it for something else and you fail utterly, such as trying to eat cereal with a butterknife, pounding nails with a screwdriver, blogging to voice your political opinions, and brushing your teeth with a hammer.
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Q180

How do True Strike and Avalanche of Blades interact with each other?

A180: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Just kidding. Avalanche of Blades uses your highest attack bonus, and True Strike adds a +20 bonus to a single attack. The first attack made with AoB is made with a +20 bonus, and every subsequent attack is at the normal bonus.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Q 182: The Sun School Feat says:

Flash of Sunset: To use this maneuver, you must move adjacent
to a foe instantaneously, as with a dimension doordimension door-ish power to appear next to several opponents (between them for example) do I get a free attack against all of them?

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
Q 182: The Sun School Feat says:

Flash of Sunset: To use this maneuver, you must move adjacent
to a foe instantaneously, as with a dimension doordimension door-ish power to appear next to several opponents (between them for example) do I get a free attack against all of them?
Yes.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

kremti

• Email
Q181

A181

This Chameleon Handbook
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=8750.0
has a good amount of spell selection for your purpose...

-K

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
Q 177: Is there a compilation somewhere of all the ways for archivists to get arcane casters' spells (particularly wizard/sorcerer) into their prayerbooks?

Nyeh?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
Q 177: Is there a compilation somewhere of all the ways for archivists to get arcane casters' spells (particularly wizard/sorcerer) into their prayerbooks?

No, but it's been said in a few threads.  Generally, step 1 is you must prove the spell exists as a divine spell.  There's a Cleric variant in one of the Dragon mags that gets any Wiz/Sorc spell up to 8th level, there's the Hexer PrC (3.0) which is enterable by Clerics and adds any Wizard/Sorc spell to your spell list as a divine spell, there's domains, there's Shujenjas, there's the Favored Soul variant in Dragon Magic that gives any Wizard/Sorc spell up to 6th level to your list, and there's the Divine Magician variant that gives any Wiz/Sorc spell of one of a few schools to Clerics.  Between all that, you can get all of them.

There's also Divine Bards which gets that list.

Really, the only spells you can't get on your list are Greater Harm (Dread Necromancer 9, it's a useless spell as it's worse than Harm but higher level), the Trapsmith list (you get all the spells, but not of such low levels), and the Death Master's Animate Dead (it's 2nd level, best you can do is 3rd).  Possibly there's also some Wu Jen spells you can't get, but all the good ones are in domains anyway I think (Giant Size is in Hero Domain, for instance).

Step 2 is to then research the spell... researching a copy of any existing spell takes 1 day and a small amount of money.  Or you can have a Warlock make a scroll of that spell, and write it in that way.

JaronK

Iskajir

Thanks kremti and jojolagger! It's an awesome start.