Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer 26: Still better than CustServ  (Read 185948 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Which ones?
hat quoted FAQ ntry is from the pathfinder faq...
Yes, but he says that regardless of that, it's how the wizard was always meant to be.

Everyone involved in pathfinder has interesting ideas about how every class "was always meant to be".
As did everyone from WotC because they certainly didn't know how they were supposed to be despite designing them.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Tr011

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • preparing arcane spellcaster
    • Email
Q94: Can a Vampire, that polymorphed into a Dwarf, enter a house w/o invitation or cross rivers?

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
He can't. His limitation is not related to his type.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Phoenix00

Q94)  Isn't there an item(s) out there that replicates webshooters (the machines spiderman has that generate webbing), if so where are these items located?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Q94)  Isn't there an item(s) out there that replicates webshooters (the machines spiderman has that generate webbing), if so where are these items located?
I think there's a rod of ropes or something.  Put in a wand chamber with a wand of web, and you're most of the way there.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
I think there's a rod of ropes or something.  Put in a wand chamber with a wand of web, and you're most of the way there.
Honestly, that's more accurately a Hook Shot than Spidey-line.

There is a Rod of Webs, unless I'm very mistaken, that could work.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Phoenix00

There is a Rod of Webs, unless I'm very mistaken, that could work.
Where is that located?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
I was wrong, I was thinking of three other items at once, all of which have a spider theme.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

LunaticsLament

• Curious George
    • Email
I'm trying to put together a fear inducing snowflake wardance bard with full casting, double eight or nines if possible.  Anyone have suggestions?
"The capacity of the human mind for swallowing nonsense and spewing it forth in violent and repressive action has never yet been plumbed. "
~Robert Heinlein

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
A94) There's the psychoactive skin of the spider in the SRD and the XPH. +20 to climb and Entangling Ectoplasm against creatures within 30'.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Q93:  Are there any potential interactions between the Poison Spell feat (Drow of the Underdark) and the Scourge of Force spell (Champions of Ruin)?
Bumping.

rot42

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
I'm trying to put together a fear inducing snowflake wardance bard with full casting, double eight or nines if possible.  Anyone have suggestions?

A95: Wizard 1 / Human Paragon 3 (Unearthed Arcana 43) / Dread Witch 4 (Heroes of Horror 98) / Prestige Bard 1 (Unearthed Arcana 69) / Ur-Priest 1 / Sublime Chord 1 / Mystic Theurge 9. Squeaks in with three caster levels lost but double 9s on the bonus spell for having a twenty eight wisdom and casts off all three mental stats (that is a feature not a bug, right?). And assumes that a theurgic class will advance the two fast-advancing classes, which I doubt but suspect has been discussed to death here. The Dread Witch can be replaced with whatever suits your fancy that gives at least two more Wizard caster levels, but it does come with lots of fear goodies. The paragon gives you the Perform ranks to get into Prestige Bard; if you get those somewhere without losing a caster level, Dread Witch 5 comes with a version of Frightful Presence. Requires NE or CE, but only two feats, one of which can be bought for gold.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
On a tangentially related note, unless something has changed drastically, Spider-man doesn't require webshooters anymore.

Handy Links

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
On a tangentially related note, unless something has changed drastically, Spider-man doesn't require webshooters anymore.
Nothing has changed since the first movie.  Genetically-modified spiders >>> Radioactive spiders.

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
Nothing has changed since the first movie.  Genetically-modified spiders >>> Radioactive spiders.
Meeh, I prefer the comics. No need for shooters in comics either, that changed years ago.

Handy Links

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Meeh, I prefer the comics. No need for shooters in comics either, that changed years ago.
In an incredibly absurd fashion.

weenog

• Grape ape
All that, and he didn't even get any ass.  You gotta feel sorry for Peter.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
I was talking about the literal, qualitative value of genetically-modified spiders and radioactive spiders, not making a comment about which medium I prefer.  Genetically modified spiders give you web shooters, and radioactive spiders don't.  Otherwise, they're identical, therefore GMoD spiders win.

Also, it's not a proper mockery of something until Cracked writes an article about it.  :lol

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Radioactive spiders also give you radiation powers on occasion.  For a while spidey was able to powerup by sitting next to a nuclear reactor.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Q96 What is the best weapons and magic weapon abilities for a 12th level twfing shadow pouncing swordsage gestalt build?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]