Author Topic: Warblade // Factotum Gestalt  (Read 4580 times)

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Warblade // Factotum Gestalt
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:42:20 PM »
Hi Guys,

BG: I have rolled on a campaing on where you're assigned to a random classes on PC creation. Luckly I had Warblade // Factotum, campaing start at Level 2.

Now, I want you to help me to get the most of Int synergy, My Current build looks like this:

Elf or Half Elf
Warblade 10 / Eternal Blade 10 // Factotum 3 / Swasbuckler 3 / Factotum + 14??
So, any ideas?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 04:13:19 PM by drako_beoulve »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Warblade // Factotum Gestalt
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 03:48:07 PM »
First of all, Eternal Blade can't be entered before level 10, as it requires +10 BAB.

Personally, I'd just go straight Warblade 20//Factotum 20 for elegance, or possibly mix it up with a PrC on one side, probably Eternal Blade on the Warblade side as you plan, if I was going for maximum Int synergy. A three-level Swashbuckler dip... yeah, sure. Factotum by itself gets plenty of Int synergy, though, so I wouldn't do much more than that.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

drako_beoulve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »
First of all, Eternal Blade can't be entered before level 10, as it requires +10 BAB.

Personally, I'd just go straight Warblade 20//Factotum 20 for elegance, or possibly mix it up with a PrC on one side, probably Eternal Blade on the Warblade side as you plan, if I was going for maximum Int synergy. A three-level Swashbuckler dip... yeah, sure. Factotum by itself gets plenty of Int synergy, though, so I wouldn't do much more than that.

I've never played Eternal Blade before, I guessed It enters at lv 6 like most PrC classes  :lol, Post edited

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:13:23 PM »
Level of Monk and Kung Fu Genius nets you Int to AC. You will want to have huge Int, so the bonus should be high enough to pay off not wearing armor and you will save the cash for something else.

I've never played Eternal Blade before, I guessed It enters at lv 6 like most PrC classes
When you want to take a class I recommend to read about it or at least to have the handbook at hand. :rollseyes
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:26:49 PM »
If you're going to be an Elf, do Fire Elf, or something else that boosts Int without hurting Str.

I don't think Swashbuckler's worth 3 levels just for Int to damage with a limited weapon set.  Use a big honkin' two handed weapon or use Diamond Mind strikes to make base damage largely irrelevant.

Be sure to read the "X stat to Y" thread for ideas on what's worth it and what's not.  For example, C.Adv. has Insightful Reflexes to add Int to Reflex instead of Dex (hilariously making it double Int when Warblade is factored in, and potentially triple Int with Factotum's ability to add it to a save).  Maybe that's worth a feat... but even if your Int is a +4 increase over your dex, I don't think a feat to imporove the weakest save in the game is worth it.  Perhaps if it was increasing your save by +10.  You just need to weigh costs and benefits.

And take Font of Inspiration.  At least 4 times, and more the better.  Beg the DM for flaws or bonus feats.

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
I'd say it might be worth it if you could squeeze evasion. A kung fu genius monk would be ideal for that, altough I'm not entirely sure if that'd work.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 10:50:56 PM »
Wait, what? You can't be considering a Factotum // Warblade without a mention to my Factotum of War, surely!

I had a friend who played it, except he used some Chameleon, Swordsage 2 (+Kung-Fu Genius) and a handful of other stuff, mostly on this page.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:54:18 PM by CantripN »
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.