Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Finding a good melee cohort.  (Read 3196 times)

chojin

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
[Pathfinder] Finding a good melee cohort.
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:21:22 PM »
I'm in a fairly sub optimal group.  2 rogues, 2 rangers (1 archery, one switch hitter), and a GOD wizard (me).  I'm taking leadership and thinking of a cohort to add a little front line muscle.  25 point buy, he'll start at level 5.  I'm fond of gish, so was thinking of a battle oracle.  But my familiarity with Pathfinder is low so I'm not sure if a barbarian or fighter would be more optimal for this purpose.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be most optimal?

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
Re: [Pathfinder] Finding a good melee cohort.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 12:07:10 AM »
If you can use 3.5, Hood.  Go Trancer.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

idontmuchcareforit

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 11:11:54 AM »
It sounds like you really just need someone to take damage.  I recommend a con heavy crusader.  Focus on the healing strikes and use a spiked chain.
I see now that you are using pathfinder.  If crusader doesn't import, try a paladin with divine shield and high cha.  Use the spells for feats substitution and after level 6 take pious templar.

chojin

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
Good point.  Not sure Crusader will import, I'll have to verify with the GM.  But if not Paladin could work, and spiked chain is perfect for some area control as well.