Author Topic: [Pathfinder] Want a 1st level agile warrior  (Read 17565 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: [Pathfinder] Want a 1st level agile warrior
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2011, 01:13:19 PM »
Oracles? They use the cleric list, so you'd be using rays maybe LATE on, and then clerical rays aren't that spectacular to be spamming.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Bester

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2011, 03:17:16 PM »
I was having a thought about Dastan being a cohort gained via the leadership feat, and the primary character being "the keeper of 'the sands of time'."  A buffing sorceress would do the trick.  Of course this wouldn't kick in until level 7 in Pathfinder.  So until that time, play as the princess and buff the paladin (you are not the chosen one, but I buff you anyway!).

This accomplishes the original character goal, and the primary character will be on par with the rest of the group.  Of course the DM is under no obligation to let you make or play your cohort, so be sure he is cool with that.  Explain that your main character will be the cohort buffed by the sorceress.  Use the builds suggested earlier for the cohort.

Or do the opposite.  Play as Dastan until level 7, and then get a Sorceress Cohort.  I would not suggest this however, because it introduces MAD and Feat Tax to Dastan, whereas the Princess already has an Uber Charisma and can afford the feat.

Not a big fan of oracle btw.  The new classes from Pathfinder are a step in the wrong direction....gunslinger :(

StreamOfTheSky

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 10:17:45 PM »
Thread necro!

I had forgotten about this thread, how did things work out, OP?

Re-reading the thread, I was inspired to create a new feat, if anyone would like to swipe it for their games or playtest it.

Agile Warrior [Combat; Metagame]
You courageously spurn the basic design goals of the game system your character is thrust upon, the will to create an interesting dexterity-based combatant overcoming piles of horrific design decisions intended to make melee combat static and boring.
Prerequisites: Acrobatics 3 ranks, Dexterity 15, lacking certain classes/feats (see Special)
BenefitsSpecial: In order to take this feat, you must have no levels in Tier 1 or Tier 2 classes, nor any other class that grants nine levels of spellcasting (such as Wizard, Sorcerer, Druid, and Cleric), nor acquire the Step Up feat or any feat that requires it..  If you take a level in any of these classes or gain such feats, you immediately lose all benefits of this feat.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:21:51 PM by StreamOfTheSky »