Author Topic: I have a Question about a certain class.....  (Read 1133 times)

Dawnmor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
I have a Question about a certain class.....
« on: June 24, 2011, 11:20:18 PM »
I was reading over potential races to play and what sort of abuse I Can do, so...My question is.......A shifter Barbarian....Does the stats from being a Bear stack with that of the Lycanthrope Master (or whatever its called out of Eberron handbook), essentially if you choose the Lycan Master you get stats added to your original stats......Which means if your a Dire bear from Bear warrior PRC which gives a +20 Str, +2 Dex, and +8 Con.......Then you take the full 5 lvls of the Lycan master and you choose BEAR, which grants you a +16 str, +2 Dex (I think), and a +8 Con (I think)......Would I add those together or pick the better of either? despite the fact they grant bonuses from 2 different classes and have close to 2 different effects?, which would give a +36 Str, +2 Dex, +16 Con......Then too in 2 lvls of Warshaper to get a +4 to Str and Con so your looking at a +40 Str and +20 Con, Dex remains the same.......

That way if you roll 2 18s (which is rare), your looking at a +58 Str, 38 Con from abusing the Shifter?.....Would it be wiser to do this and take advantage of a under used character? or what?, specially if you play off those strengths for a small fry.......This is without taking into this is at lvl 20 or near it......Whatcha think?.

Now would it be wiser to go with a Shifter knowing all of this when making a barbarian? or would it be wiser to go with a big and bad Half ogre and what not?

I am just curious because im considering other builds as well

Summerstorm

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: I have a Question about a certain class.....
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 01:45:21 AM »
Hm... i totally doesn't understand the reasoning.

So you are a Shifter. That means you are not a lycanthrope.

To become a "Weretouched Master" you have to be a Shifter. Weretouched Master allows you to get the form of a bear (for example) instead of your own. How does that stack with anything?

That is weirder than being a lycanthrope were-bear who chooses to become a Bear-Warrior *g*
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:47:15 AM by Summerstorm »

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 02:31:15 AM »
weretouched has been nerfed to the point of it being worthless.  

here

Dawnmor

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 02:34:47 AM »
Summer Storm: I was taking into account Shifter.......Weretouched master......Bear Warrior.....(Bear Warrior grants a +20 str, +8 Con)........Were touched master (Bear) Grants +16 str and +8 Con....My question was would the stats from both Prestige classes stack ? despite the fact they are both bear?

Argenon: Dont think my DM knows about the Errata.