Author Topic: Go go, Airstream Driver! (A decent little build stub.)  (Read 1071 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Go go, Airstream Driver! (A decent little build stub.)
« on: June 23, 2011, 07:43:20 PM »
Necropolitan Human Ranger 1/Scout 4/Ranger 14.

Important ACFs: Urban Companion (1/2 CL Familiar, lose Animal Companion, gained 4th? level.)
Important feats: Lurking Familiar, Bonded Familiar, Airy Gallop, Swift Hunter.
Important skills: Max out ride ranks.

Now, ask your DM nicely if your Familiar can have flaws. If it can, those extra feats have to be Mounted Combat and Saddleborn.

Buy your familiar a little exotic saddle; I suggest just getting an Exotic Riding Saddle (30 gp).

Now, let your familiar get on your back. You get the following abilities:
-Your familiar has cover. This makes 'em hard to hit.
-Your familiar can take a hit for you. Thanks to Urban Companion not costing XP for your familiar dying, you don't need to really care about your rider overmuch.
-Your rider may replace a Reflex Save or your AC 1/round each.
-You can run on air, as long as your familiar keeps up with the ride checks.
-Swift Hunter goodies.

So, thoughts?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Go go, Airstream Driver! (A decent little build stub.)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 09:13:34 PM »
I suggest making that saddle into a fancy hat, and choosing a familiar that looks like part of the hat when at rest. :p

And honestly, I had no idea what to expect from the thread title. Maybe a hot-blooded duskblade golfer who channels defenestrating sphere into his club.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:15:49 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]