Author Topic: Epic Anti mage \ magic caracters  (Read 5860 times)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
Re: Epic Anti mage \ magic caracters
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 02:26:47 AM »
Well, if nothing else, the Third Eye graft from Fiend Folio ought to help.  A 50ft Antimagic cone 3/day for 2 hours, 10 minutes each use.  Far better than AMF at shutting down casters due to a larger area and not affecting you.  Not likely to affect the Epic spells, but everything else, sure.
Or just use Sculpt Spell on antimagic field so it turns into a 120' line.
What use would a 120ft line AMF be?  They literally step to the side and they're out of it.  A 50ft cone you've at least got a chance of keeping them in it.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 02:29:33 AM »
SU ?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:32 AM »
SU ?

Supernatural.  As in no SR, no XP, no components.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »
Well, if nothing else, the Third Eye graft from Fiend Folio ought to help.  A 50ft Antimagic cone 3/day for 2 hours, 10 minutes each use.  Far better than AMF at shutting down casters due to a larger area and not affecting you.  Not likely to affect the Epic spells, but everything else, sure.
Or just use Sculpt Spell on antimagic field so it turns into a 120' line.
What use would a 120ft line AMF be?  They literally step to the side and they're out of it.  A 50ft cone you've at least got a chance of keeping them in it.
Get below a flier.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2011, 08:28:43 PM »
 And lets not forget that at the heart of it all (as touched upon by both my esteemed colleagues above in various ways) is winning the action economy race.

Wizards and clerics get gate (and clerics get greater consuptive field for extra overkill). Where's your psionics now?

Psions and Erudites get gate as a Su, costing 0 XP with 0 components and 0 spell/power resistance.  Along with every other spell and power in
the game.  You were saying?
Needing to steal tricks from other classes is a sign of weaknesses, not of strenght. Any commoner can pick a candle of invocation and become pun-pun, but that doesn't mean the commoner is a great class. If the best your psion can do is pretend he's a wizard(that can also cheese out the exp cost of gate whitout needing of resorting to psionics), then the superiority of the wizard is proven.

Also I don't recall gate ever allowing SR. :p

The point is that either class, the Wizard or the Psion, can do either for free.  The Wizard has to take a PrC to do it, while the Psion only needs a single feat.  And while Psions have easier access to abusing actions, a Wizard in the right hands can still achieve infinite actions on turn 0.  And also either class can access all the tricks of the other if they so desire.  It has absolutely nothing to do with weakness whatsoever, but instead with not letting petty things like the opinions of monks influence their willingness to utilize every tool in their arsenal.

call this a stupid question but how does the "the Psion only needs a single feat.  And while Psions have easier access to abusing actions" work out ?

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 09:50:55 PM »
Supernatural Transformation directly onto manifesting :)  It's in the psionic tricks handbook, and one of the best ones at that.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2011, 01:56:50 AM »
Supernatural Transformation directly onto manifesting :)  It's in the psionic tricks handbook, and one of the best ones at that.
Doesn't work, since your psionics aren't racial.  The developers have previously stated that the "inherent" in supernatural transformation refers to only racial abilities.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »
Doesn't work, since your psionics aren't racial.  The developers have previously stated that the "inherent" in supernatural transformation refers to only racial abilities.

Why I'm not suprised that one of the "best" psionic tricks is again based on personal homebrew? :p