Author Topic: Build help please.  (Read 1983 times)

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
Build help please.
« on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »
I am aiming for a Ruby Knight Vinicator with Ur Priest mixed in.  I am thinking Binder for a base class plus Crusader but I am having a heck of a time trying to find a class that has Spellcraft as as class skill that would work.  Maybe Duskblade but I am open to any opinions.  32 point buy with 14 in most stats except 8 in Dex and a 15 thrown into one of the mental stats.  Thanks.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
Re: Build help please.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
Maybe a (cloistered) Cleric dip for etc? Hopefully you are getting Iron Will from Otyugh Hole, right?
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 05:32:02 PM »
Iron Will from Otyuhg Hole?  Where do I find that??  Cloistered Cleric would be ok but going Ur Priest would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?

Nachofan99

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 05:37:49 PM »
Cloistered Cleric might as well read: at 1st level, gain 3x bonus feats.  That's never bad.

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Otyugh Hole is a Legendary Site from Complete Scoundrel, p.151.

When you enter Ur-Priest you forsake your Cleric's casting, but you keep Turn Undead and Domains' powers, IIRC.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 08:32:49 PM »
Awesome!!  So if I use the Legendary Site plus a good choice of domains I will fulfill the requirements for Ur Priest then slip into RKV.  If it is ok Shiki I would like a second motion on going from cleric to Ur Priest lets one keep domain powers.

Thanks again.

gorfnad

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 05:02:35 AM »
Here are some Ruby Knight Vindicat-Ur builds I have seen used before.
Human Paragon 1/ Crusader 4/ Ur-Priest 2/ Ruby Knight Vindicator 10/ Crusader 3
Paladin of Tyranny 2/ Hexblade 3/ Crusader 3/ Ur-Priest 2/ Ruby Knight Vindicator 10

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:25:35 AM »
Rereading the ex-cleric part in the PHB, I've remembered wrong (you also lose class features, so yeah). Cleric dip is a no-go then.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:

Ivory Knight

• Curious George
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:26:22 AM »
Human Paragon gets to select his class skills, 1 stays a class skill in whatever classes you take afterwards(gets even better if you slap on Able Learner).
I'd recommend taking all 3 levels: 3/4 BaB and 2/3 casting, 1 free Feat & a +2 boost to an ability you choose.

Not sure, what you want Binder for, considering your soulbinding level will max out somewhere between 4 and 5.
If you cast on WIS, Incarnum is never a bad choice and scales partly with character level.
With Practiced Manifester you might get some use out of Psionics(Ardent or PsyWar, comes down to Bonus Feat vs. Mantle Powers).

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:41 PM »
One level of binder might be worthwhile to pick up nabareus (Sp?) for the deceit based abilities and the fast ability healing to abuse vile spells and greater divine surge.