Author Topic: Help building the Master of Bad Luck  (Read 5202 times)

AngellusMortus

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Re: Help building the Master of Bad Luck
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 06:34:27 AM »
On a completely unrelated note, this seems like as good a time as any to tell you that I've been absolutely in love with your picture since the first day I started lurking BG, Mad Linguist.

Phaenix

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Help building the Master of Bad Luck
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 01:31:49 AM »
Just out of curiosity, any idea why he picked Runesmith? I mean, it's a good class, I'm just curious if/how it contributes to the theme, or if he just likes Runesmith. Also, how does one get Divine Power out of that? I only see 1 level of Cleric advancement.

If I am not mistaken, the level of Cleric is for the domain granted abilities and as a potential turning source for DMM. He should be getting Divine Power from Arcane Disciple: War, and would thus use Runesmith to get Divine Power as a SLA 2/day, thereby sidestepping Arcane Disciple's 1/day/level limit. Also, Runesmiths are just awesome.

:facepalm How could I forget Arcane Disciple? And yes, baring that in mind, Runesmith suddenly makes a lot more sense. Brilliant. That's a helluva build...That may be exactly what I'm looking for! 

Use the Runesmith's 5th level ability to trade a 4th level slot for Alter Fortune 2/day. You only have to pay the xp cost once. You could use Unluck, but that has a save and allow SR, plus it's limited to debuffing, whereas Alter Fortune can help with critical saves, too.