Author Topic: Need HELP!  (Read 1087 times)

redek06

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Need HELP!
« on: June 04, 2011, 06:15:07 AM »
I need help building a lvl 3 optimized character. Im going to be going through Rappan Athuk (3.5 game but, the dm allows most 3.0 material unless it was reprinted or just plain broken) and currently have a Fighter type (Tripping), Fire mage, and a multi classed rogue/cleric in the party. I  cant decide what to play. The game is pretty open. All books are allowed but, eberron books and 3rd party/dragon mag. You have 32 points for stats, LA 0. Only the normal races no orcs/kobolds etc etc but, you can play half orcs though. Starting age and you cant spend more than 1/2 your starting gold on a single item. You get 2 flaws and traits (sweet). Varients are allowed. O and no evil guys. We are playing in forgotten realms but, the dm is flexable with allowing Greyhawk prc in forgotten realms and vise versa.

I was thinking on playing a  whisper gnome rogue 1/lock 2 going into arcane trick/hellfire lock later and taking at least one more lvl rogue for the feign death alternate class feature (sooo sick).  Was going to pick up the blend into shadows by taking darkness as one of my least invocation. Im not 100% sure the dm is going to allow the blend into shadow feat but, has ok'ed the feign death. I have not even began with what feats/items for the guy yet.  So any thoughts on how to improve this guy or maybe something altogether different? Im open to ideas.

Thanks for the help!!

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
Re: Need HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 08:59:38 AM »
Factotum1,  ghost2
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

redek06

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »
So explain the Factotum/Ghost idea. What's the next 5 lvls and feats? Is this like a survivor build?

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »
Well I was just thinking that generally factotum > rogue but on second read i'm not familiar with the feign death acf. 
If you're going into hellfire warlock anyway, you should ask your DM about bloodlines and if he will allow them / how he would handle them

Now when you say optimized,  what do you mean by a 'fire mage' and is the cleric closer to rogue 1, cleric X or about evenly multiclassed?

This matters b/c if your party is weaker, you have more options that are viable at your table...

And ghosts are the $H1T
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick