Author Topic: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)  (Read 43568 times)

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Traitor's Gambit (Game Thread)
« Reply #300 on: October 25, 2011, 01:28:54 AM »
After several hours of rest within the confines of the Banshee. Maya emerges from the captains quarters and enters the passenger lounge area. "You all have been very patient with me. Thank you again for saving my life. My name is Maya Andaris and I am from Alderaan." She looks better than she did but still favors her side and rests heavily on the wall as she makes her way to a nearby cushioned bench seat. "I am a member of the Alderaanian Security Forces, working as an agent under the Department of Special Projects. A few weeks ago we received a very scrambles transmission from one of our agents. The best we could make out was that some form of cargo needed to be recovered and someone named Switch had it along with a letter and number V14. I was assigned to investigate and after runnign down several leads found a likely one here on Sel Zonn Station. Someone named Switch operates out of this station. I was to locate him and see if he knew anything about the cargo reference in the message, secure it,, and bring it back to Alderaan. It would appear that my cover was spaced somehow." She takes a long drink of water she brought with her from the galley and continues. "My problem is now, with my injuries, I do not think I can complete what I came here to do right away. So I must impose upon you again." Looking at each of you. "Would you find this Switch, and find out about the cargo? Secure it if he does. If so I can get you off this station and make sure you are reimbursed by my superiors when we arrive on Alderaan."

[spoiler]Give me a Knowledge Galactic Lore or Bureaucracy please everyone.[/spoiler]
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
« Reply #301 on: October 25, 2011, 01:33:23 AM »
[spoiler]Galactic Lore: 1d20(12)+6=18[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #302 on: October 25, 2011, 01:49:59 AM »
[spoiler]untrained: 1d20+3=7. horrible roll.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #303 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:15 AM »
[spoiler]
Untrained: 22
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

LordBlades

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #304 on: October 25, 2011, 05:07:28 AM »
Kel weighs the woman's words carefully then he speaks. First of all, why would a member of the Alderaan Security Forces be brought in this condition by imperial agents simply for being on this station? Alderaan is a pretty well respected member world of the Empire as far as I know. I'd really like to hear more about how they caught and treated you.

[spoiler]

1d20+1=15untrained knowledge if applicable

[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #305 on: October 25, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »
Corran, currently sitting on one of the chairs in the lounge, looks at Maya as she speaks. Once she's done, Kel speaks out. His words are cautionary and Corran mulls them over in his head.
Something is fishy here, but since people started dying I haven't got any other choices.
He speaks up after a little while.
"The man has a point. But.. well, I have very few other options to get of this station at the moment. You mentioned that we'll get paid later, I'll hold you to that. I'm in."

[spoiler]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3236836/
7, untrained. Lol.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #306 on: October 25, 2011, 11:21:50 AM »
[spoiler]Untrained: (1d20+1=13)[/spoiler]
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #307 on: October 25, 2011, 12:31:51 PM »
"I strongly doubt there are enough of my kind on station to be able to not fall under questioning. Even if security doesn't have my ID yet, I cannot very well walk out of here at this point."
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #308 on: October 25, 2011, 03:54:35 PM »
Those with check higher than 10
[spoiler]You know of that the Department of Special Projects within Alderaanian Security are more of an external security organization. They also oversee personal security for the Senator and other diplomats when they are off world.[/spoiler]

Jerran
[spoiler]You know the above info and that the Department of Special Projects has quite a few undercover agents in place throughout the galaxy keeping watch out for external threats to Alderaan. Likely through having a potential run in or two with one of their agents during the War perhaps? I let you come up with the details of that encounter if you want, only stipulation is make it a male agent though.[/spoiler]

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2011, 12:58:11 AM »
"I wasn't caught yet. The plan was to spend time on the station as a maintenance worker while I searched out who this Switch might be. Somehow, right after I arrived I was stopped by troopers intent on arresting me. A lightshow ensued where I was injured." I managed to get away and found myself up on the promenade and ran into you." She pauses for another drink. Then continues "The empire would have you think that everything is better than ever now that the Republic has fallen. But whole worlds suffer still. The work I am doing should go a long way to save many lives, whatever the cargo is my fellow agent risked much coming out from under his cover to send that message."

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2011, 03:57:29 AM »
Sliten pulls out the datapad that he had found placed upon his person. "I don't suppose this came from you?"
Notes to self

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »
"Yes it is. I am sorry I had to slip this to you. I did not want to get cuaght with it and confirm whatever suspicions they already had about me along with my identity." she accepts the datapad back, "So how long did it take you to slice into it incidently?"

Addressing the group again, "Will you help me find this Switch and get the cargo he has off this station and back to Alderaan?"
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 12:42:59 AM by Melblen_Cairn »

GM for Dawn of Defiance

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #312 on: October 28, 2011, 11:54:05 PM »
Silten shrugs. "Not long oncce I had time to look at it, I much prefer working with technology over combat.  I can't sspeak for the otherss, but I've already been sseen helping you sso I might ass well ssee thiss through all the way in return for protection."
Notes to self

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2011, 12:45:51 AM »
"Understandable, Alderaan is a safe haven. I am sure there would be a welcome place under her protection should you assist my efforts." Maya answers Silten and looks to the rest of the group.

GM for Dawn of Defiance

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2011, 01:15:08 AM »
"Like I said before, I don't have much of a choice. It might be nice to be able to openly practice medicine again."
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]