Author Topic: Pathfinder & Unupdated 3.5e: Low level spells that cause 'Flat Footed'?  (Read 3109 times)

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Hi, I'd like some help in figuring out the "3rd level and under" spells that cause the "Flat Footed" Condition, in Pathfinder, with unupdated 3.5 and unupdated 3.0 stuff allowed -- but where Pathfinder ALWAYS overrides if Pathfinder has the same thing somewhere.  As best as I can tell, Pathfinder nerfed Grease & Glitterdust, so they no longer guarantee it as much.  What alternatives are there which might work better?  If it matters, I'm trying to guarantee Iajutsu damage with a Factotum who has a Quickrazor.  Thanks!
BG's other resident furry!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Well, theres always Vanish but only because you'd be breaking that invisibility anyway.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Distract Assailant(?) is a 1st level Sorc/Wiz Enchantment spell in the Spell Compendium that causes flat-footedness in a single target on a failed save. Swift action/1 rnd duration. Every Beguiler takes this spell since there's nothing better for their first Advanced Learning and it synergizes with their Cloaked Casting ability.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Empirate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
The following arcane spells are Core in PF and make a target lose their Dex bonus to AC: Grease, Sleep, Color Spray, Vanish, Blindness, Sound Burst, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Ghoul Touch, Pyrotechnics, Hold Person, Blacklight, Invisibility Sphere, Halt Undead (where applicable), Deep Slumber, Fear (if target is cornered).

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
The following arcane spells are Core in PF and make a target lose their Dex bonus to AC: Grease, Sleep, Color Spray, Vanish, Blindness, Sound Burst, Glitterdust, Invisibility, Ghoul Touch, Pyrotechnics, Hold Person, Blacklight, Invisibility Sphere, Halt Undead (where applicable), Deep Slumber, Fear (if target is cornered).

Remember, I don't need 'enemy loses dex to AC', I specifically need 'flat footed vs the factotum', whether the factotum casts it or the caster backing him up casts it.

Gavinfoxx

• King Kong
  • *Forkbark* Wauwau!
    • Email
Removing double post.