Author Topic: Pathfinder: Psychic Warrior  (Read 3684 times)

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Pathfinder: Psychic Warrior
« on: May 14, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
The second thread in a short period of time posted by someone who you would think would probably never play Pathfinder.

Oh well.

Hoping to join a game already in progress with an Elan Psychic Warrior.  The premise is that he's going to be something of a sneaky, backstabby kind of character and will have incredibly strong ablative defenses between the typical Vigor + Share Pain combo and his elan racial abilities to bail him out of tough situations.  First path will likely be the Assassin path (expend Psionic Focus to deal 2 con damage is not bad at all) while the second path (if the game lasts that long) will be the Mind Knight path.

I suspect that I'll start at level 3, although I could start at level 2.  In any case, the stuff I'll have pretty much for certain will be the Distract, Prevenom Weapon, Chameleon, Expansion, and Vigor.  My Elan heritage grants me Psionic Talent as a bonus feat, and I'm probably going to add Psicrystal Affinity, Psicrystal Containment, Power Attack, and Improved Drag (seems like a good trick to facilitate a surround & beat down strategy), and have another open feat slot.  For that last slot, I'm considering Psionic Body, as I only really want Greater Drag (9), Expanded Knowledge (8), and Psionic Meditation (5) for notable feat picks and will rely mostly on powers beyond that, meaning I'll take Psionic Talent multiple times to bolster my PP Pool.

Thoughts on the idea?  Suggestions for now or for the future?  Any obvious feats I overlooked?

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Pathfinder: Psychic Warrior
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
The second thread in a short period of time posted by someone who you would think would probably never play Pathfinder.

Oh well.

Hoping to join a game already in progress with an Elan Psychic Warrior.  The premise is that he's going to be something of a sneaky, backstabby kind of character and will have incredibly strong ablative defenses between the typical Vigor + Share Pain combo and his elan racial abilities to bail him out of tough situations.  First path will likely be the Assassin path (expend Psionic Focus to deal 2 con damage is not bad at all) while the second path (if the game lasts that long) will be the Mind Knight path.

I suspect that I'll start at level 3, although I could start at level 2.  In any case, the stuff I'll have pretty much for certain will be the Distract, Prevenom Weapon, Chameleon, Expansion, and Vigor.  My Elan heritage grants me Psionic Talent as a bonus feat, and I'm probably going to add Psicrystal Affinity, Psicrystal Containment, Power Attack, and Improved Drag (seems like a good trick to facilitate a surround & beat down strategy), and have another open feat slot.  For that last slot, I'm considering Psionic Body, as I only really want Greater Drag (9), Expanded Knowledge (8), and Psionic Meditation (5) for notable feat picks and will rely mostly on powers beyond that, meaning I'll take Psionic Talent multiple times to bolster my PP Pool.

Thoughts on the idea?  Suggestions for now or for the future?  Any obvious feats I overlooked?