Author Topic: Help with specific True Necromancer (CL16) needed  (Read 1781 times)

krotana

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Help with specific True Necromancer (CL16) needed
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:49 AM »
I would like to build a fairly powerful NPC for my 3.5 Eberron campaing.
Something along the lines of half-dragon elf lich cleric 3/wizard 3/true necromancer 10  :D

Any tips on some good feat/spells/gear combination that would play well with this... uhm... lich queen? ;)

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
Re: Help with specific True Necromancer (CL16) needed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »
She's going to have the Lich template AND true necromancer? :o

What level is the party?
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

krotana

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
They should meet her somewhere around level 17-18.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »
Recomendations?  Go with Mystic Theruge instead.  Having another level of spells on both sides is better than a Desecrate aura.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 12:20:05 PM »
Recomendations?  Go with Mystic Theruge instead.  Having another level of spells on both sides is better than a Desecrate aura.

+1.
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=5584.0

Quote from: K's Revised Necromancer Handbook
Top Ten Reasons True Necromancers Are Bad

1. At 14th level, you are five caster levels behind in both classes2. You have to take the Death Domain as a Necromancer Cleric, which is a waste of a Domain Slot when you are trying to be good at Necromancy.
3. In the early levels, you postpone your access to Animate Dead by 4 levels.
4.5. The only unique ability of the True Necromancer class is unimpressive. Desecrate6. True Necromancers eventuallypenalty7.8. As a True Necromancer you have all the disadvantages of both a Cleric (the gods can take away all your spellcasting at any time), and a Wizard (you have Arcane Spell Failure, preventing you from wearing good armor). Also, your BAB and HPs stink when compared to a Cleric.
9. Control pools from Animate DeadAnimate Dead, not just your Arcane or just your Divine castings of the spell. Some people say differently, and some even quote CustServ, but when was the last time you won an argument with your DM using the line "some guy on a board said that CustServ told him....."?

Also:
Obvious Lady Vol is Obvious :P
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 05:21:44 AM »
Since you're the DM, just ad-hoc a -4 penalty to CR for using the shittiest dual-progression class ever printed, bump it to 20th (or higher) level, and then call it even.