Author Topic: Pop-Culture Character Build Compilation  (Read 31950 times)

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Pop-Culture Character Build Compilation
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20:37 PM »
Here is one I have been working on in my free time.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter (Silence of the Lambs)

Dr. Hannibal Lecter: Male Old Human Telepath 6; CR 6; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 6d4+0; hp 19; Init +-1; Spd 30 ft.; AC 9, touch 9, flat-footed 9; Base Atk +3; Grp +2; Atk +2 melee (1d4-1/x2, knife); SA; SQ Telepathic Communication (30 ft.); AL NE; SV Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4; Str 8, Dex 8, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 14.
Skills and Feats: Bluff +11 (9 ranks +2 cha), Concentration +10 (9 ranks +0 con +1 focused), Craft (Writing) +5 (1 rank + 4 int), Diplomacy +16 (9 ranks +2 cha +4 synergy +1 polite), Disguise +12 (8 ranks +2 cha +2 synergy), Forgery +8 (4 ranks +4 int), Gather Information +10 (8 ranks +2 cha), Read/Write/Speak (Common, Draconic and Elven) and Sense Motive +8 (9 ranks -1 wis); Burrowing Power, City Slicker, Deformity (Madness), Hardened Criminal (Diplomacy), Mindsight and Willing Deformity.
Traits and Flaws: Focused and Polite; Shaky
Powers (ML 6; 35 power points/day): Attraction, Aversion, Crisis of Breath, Detect Hostile Intent, Disable, Empathy, False Sensory Input, Mindfire, Read Thoughts, Psionic Charm, Psionic Suggestion, Sense Danger and Telempathic Projection  
Variants: Telepathic Communication (Web)
Powers
1st-level
Attraction: Subject has an attraction you specify.  
Disable: Subjects incorrectly believe they are disabled.
EmpathyPsionic Charm: Makes one person your friend.
Telempathic Projection2nd-level
Aversion: Subject has aversion you specify.
Detect Hostile Intent: You can detect hostile creatures within 30ft. of you.
Read Thoughts: Detect surface thoughts of creatures in range.
Psionic Suggestion: Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
3rd-level
Crisis of BreathFalse Sensory InputMindfire: You inflict the disease mindfire upon your foe.
Sense Danger: Retain Dex bonus to AC when flat-footed, manifest another power as an immediate action during the first round of combat.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 05:09:32 AM by dark_samuari »

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
sir_argenon, this might be the nerdiest discussion ever had.

dude, we are on a dungeons and dragons message board... this has not even begun to scratch the nerdy barrier here.   

im sure we can get a lot nerdier.  wait til the dbz builds start flowing  :P

I already posted one on BG, complete with SSJ1-4 and both Oozaru forms :P
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 10:33:30 PM »

dude, we are on a dungeons and dragons message board... this has not even begun to scratch the nerdy barrier here.   

can you post the link please? so i can add it to the list? .. thanks kell.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »

can you post the link please? so i can add it to the list? .. thanks kell.

Here you go.  Also, you're even like Goku in that you play GOD with the world, albeit he never used tentacles or fog :P
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 11:03:37 PM »

copy of KellKheraptis' Goku build.  originally here.

Retake on Goku :
-Magic Blooded Human
-Favorite Gish combo here, preferably getting a net of +10 saves base or better, and if possible with Swiftblade
-Notable spells : Alter Self, Aspect of the Deity, Bite of the Weretiger, Bite of the Werebear, Divine Power, Draconic Polymorph, Giant Size, Greater Aspect of the Deity, Greater Mighty Wallop, Mighty Wallop, Venomfire

Kaioken - Alter Self, a lower Bite of the Foo, Mighty Wallop
SSJ - Alter Self, Bite of the Weretiger, Divine Power, Greater Mighty Wallop, Venomfire
SSJ2 - Alter Self, Bite of the Weretiger, Divine Power, Draconic Polymorph, Greater Mighty Wallop, Venomfire
SSJ3 - Alter Self, Aspect of the Deity, Bite of the Weretiger, Divine Power, Draconic Polymorph, Giant Size, Greater Mighty Wallop, Venomfire
SSJ4 - Alter Self, Bite of the Weretiger, Bite of the Werebear, Divine Power, Draconic Polymorph, Giant Size, Greater Aspect of the Deity, Greater Mighty Wallop, Venomfire

And if you don't want to shift down to SSJ4 with Alter Self, stay as a Golden Oozaru.  Draconic Polymorph is used to snag Legendary Ape at higher levels, Dire Ape at lower.  Giant Size is obvious.  Take the feat Ability Enhancer, and you can achieve a Str of over 100 easily with this combo, and take the feat Hammerblow to deal 1.5 times Str for damage with an unarmed strike.

Will edit later if need be, after I'm more awake.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2011, 04:31:02 AM »
Here's another take on DBZ characters with alternate forms :

Wild Reaper Druid 20
-UA Variant granting a domain to druids, selecting the Hero domain
-You now have Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Giant Size, and IIRC they get Greater Mighty Wallop anyway (and can still snag it if need be).
-Wild shape routine as above, using Alter Self to reflavor the looks as desired
-Blasts can be covered with Locate X Bombs and Polar Ray (plus it's lesser cousins) and split ray/energy sub/admixture.
-Fast healing in built, so you're naturally tougher than those stupid humans
-If you really wanna be a raging Z warrior, trade the animal companion for Rage, and pick up rage casting, plus reckless rage.

Fin!
The Mango List Reborn!
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2011, 03:32:37 AM »
Here's another take on DBZ characters with alternate forms :

Wild Reaper Druid 20
-UA Variant granting a domain to druids, selecting the Hero domain
-You now have Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Giant Size, and IIRC they get Greater Mighty Wallop anyway (and can still snag it if need be).
-Wild shape routine as above, using Alter Self to reflavor the looks as desired
-Blasts can be covered with Locate X Bombs and Polar Ray (plus it's lesser cousins) and split ray/energy sub/admixture.
-Fast healing in built, so you're naturally tougher than those stupid humans
-If you really wanna be a raging Z warrior, trade the animal companion for Rage, and pick up rage casting, plus reckless rage.

Fin!

a few questions... what is a "wild reaper" druid? where do you find that variant to give domains? ive looked in UA but cannot find it. where is hero domain from?

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2011, 05:09:09 AM »
John McClane (Die Hard)

John McClane: Human Male Rogue 3/Fighter 1; CR 4; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 3d6+6/1d10+2; hp 28; Init +4; Spd 30 ft.; AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 10; Base Atk +3; Grp +4; Atk +4 melee (1d3+1/x2; unarmed strike) or +6 ranged (1d4/19-20x2; 30ft.; hand crossbow); SA Sneak Attack (+2d6); SQ Trapfinding, Evasion, Trapsense (+1), Hit & Run Tactics; AL LG; SV Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2; Str 12, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 10.
Skills, Skill Tricks and Feats: Bluff +6 (6 ranks +0 cha), Climb +7 (6 ranks +1 str), Disguise +4 (2 rank +0 cha +2 synergy), Forgery +3 (2 ranks +1 int), Gather Information +8 (6 ranks +0 cha +2 synergy), Hide +8 (6 ranks +2 dex), Jump +7 (6 ranks +1 str), Knowledge (Local) +7 (6 ranks +1 int), Listen +7 (6 ranks +1 wis), Move Silently +8 (6 ranks +2 dex), Read/Write/Speak (Common and Dwarven), Sleight of Hand +10 (6 ranks +2 dex +2 synergy), Use Rope +4 (2 ranks +2 dex) and Swim +3 (2 ranks +1 str); Hidden Blade; Crossbow Sniper, Hand Crossbow Focus, Improved Unarmed Strike, Investigate, Quick Draw and Urban Tracking.   
Traits & Flaws: Hardy; Meager Fortitude and Vulnerable
Variants: Hit & Run Fighter (DotU)

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »
Blade

"You obviously do not know who you are FUCKING WITH!"
BladeSkills, Skill Tricks and Feats: Bluff +5 (0 ranks -1 cha +2 racial +4 towards undead), Climb +5 (2 ranks +3 str), Craft (Weapons) +3 (2 ranks +1 int), Heal +3 (2 rank +1 wis), Hide +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 racial), Jump +16 (7 ranks +3 str +2 synergy +4 speed), Knowledge (Local) +10 (9 ranks +1 int), Knowledge (Religion) +10 (9 ranks +1 int), Listen +12 (5 ranks +1 wis +2 racial +4 against undead), Move Silently +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 racial), Spot +12 (5 ranks +1 wis +2 racial +4 against undead), Tumble +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 synergy) and Use Rope (2 ranks); Collector of Stories; Endurance, Enduring Life, Fearless, Hand Crossbow Focus, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Knowledge Devotion, Leadership, Nemesis (Undead), Track, and Two-Weapon Fighting.     
Traits & Flaws: Detached and Quick; Pathetic (Charisma) and Vulnerable
Spells Per Day (CL 3): 2 1st-level spells (DC 12)
1st-level Spells Typically Prepared
Deathwatch: Reveals how near death subjects within 30ft. are.
Hide from UndeadVariants: Undead Stalker (DMG) and Skilled City-Dweller (Web).

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2011, 10:42:55 AM »
Blade

BladeSkills, Skill Tricks and Feats: Bluff +5 (0 ranks -1 cha +2 racial +4 towards undead), Climb +5 (2 ranks +3 str), Craft (Weapons) +3 (2 ranks +1 int), Heal +3 (2 rank +1 wis), Hide +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 racial), Jump +16 (7 ranks +3 str +2 synergy +4 speed), Knowledge (Local) +10 (9 ranks +1 int), Knowledge (Religion) +10 (9 ranks +1 int), Listen +12 (5 ranks +1 wis +2 racial +4 against undead), Move Silently +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 racial), Spot +12 (5 ranks +1 wis +2 racial +4 against undead), Tumble +14 (9 ranks +3 dex +2 synergy) and Use Rope (2 ranks); Collector of Stories; Endurance, Enduring Life, Fearless, Hand Crossbow Focus, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Knowledge Devotion, Leadership, Nemesis (Undead), Track, and Two-Weapon Fighting.     

Needs equipment, like that phenomenal sword, and a magical talenta boomerang cool build though
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2011, 04:43:16 PM »
[spoiler]

Senevri's SUPERMAN build. i think it came out VERY well.  this is copied from 339.

RACE: ELAN!
Of course!
Resilience simulates a form of toughness early on, and helps with psi-style. A bit of reflavoring and it's perfect.

old wish list:
[spoiler]

Feat wish list:

Mental leap
Speed of Thought
Improved Unarmed Strike ( level of monk? /PsyFist? )
Grapple line of feats
Deflect & Snatch bullets, er, arrows.

Biofeedback gives a nice invulnerability.
Burst, perhaps --- it's good to keep in mind every +10ft move adds +4 to jumps.
Body Equilibrium for running on water?
Sustenance seems likely...
The boostable Armor & Shield powers
Grip of Iron for grappling dragons, oncoming trains and whatnot.
Adapt Body + some Energy Resistance.

Not much of what we need remains in that list. Still need:
- Ways to boost str a whole lot - or substitute str checks somehow, for an example.
- Flight, Super senses and whatnot.
...Isnt' there a "Psionic Flight" or somesuch?[/spoiler]

old stuff[spoiler]

Psi can handle the senses, definitely. For flight I'd probably go for six levels of Warlock and snatch up: Fell Flight, Devil's Sight, Leaps and Bounds and... perhaps Beguiling Influence or Dark One's Own Luck.

Alternatively, 1-level dip will net Leaps & Bounds, getting us to land speed of 60ft, or +12 to jump checks.

Looking at CompPsi...
Elan Resilience, Enhanced might be nice, reinforcing the image of invulnerability.

Focused Skill User would net additional +2 to jump.. Bah.
Skin of the Construct is interesting... but it's limited to Menu A, which really only has celerity for +10 land speed.

Ah! Adrenaline Boost! and the aforementioned Mighty Spring.

*sigh*

Psionics just do it better - basically they get a free access to variable, scalable power set which can be used as needed.[/spoiler]

old thoughts on powers[spoiler]

Some maximums:
1st
Psychometabolism maxes out at DR 8/19 points. (using psywar costs)
Grip of Iron: +14 at 21 points *
Force Screen: +9 shield, 21 points
Inertial Armor (1h/lvl!) +14 armor, 21 points
Defensive Precog, +6 insight ac, 19 points, +25 manifest as swift action
Offensive Precog, +6 insight atk, as above
Offensive Prescience, +7 insight damage, cost as above
Thicken Skin: +7 nat. armor enchantment
Adrenaline Boost: +8 STR and DEX Insight bonus, at 19 points for 1 round. *
Vigor: Maxes at 105 HP /21 points
Mighty Spring: +60 to single jump check. 21 points.
2nd
Energy Adaptation, specified and Hustle are here. nothing other interesting.

3rd has, maybe Ubiquitous Vision.

4th:
the proper Energy Adaptation. this's good.
Freedom of Movement,
Immovability is cool, at a good DR, for many classic stunts.

5th: Adapt Body.
6th: not psywar, but Overland Flight isn't bad.

Hmm. * marks PsyWar-only powers, it's starting to look like going with some class which gives more points might be a good idea. Mind you: Wisdom is a great fit, for Superman. But, let's look at an expanded list:

lower: Nothing...
4th: Aura Sight from the latest origin revision?
5th: Mmh, true seeing?
6th: Overland Flight + Temporal Acceleration ( super-speed! )
7th: Energy Wave for Super Breath? Stick to Cold...
8th: True Metabolism might be nice. Vigor may be enough, though[/spoiler]

*edit*

I'm currently looking at an Elan Ardent, and snatching Overchanner at l1. This gives access to 2pp powers from the start, and at lv8 we get to 10pp powers.

I think I've got it!

[size=+1]Superman[/size]
Elan
Monk 1/Ardent 19

Swap Guardian to Freedom at 8. Or rather, don't.
We can still lose 1 Ardent level, if needed, but the reward must be worth the PP cost.

Feats:
1st: Overchannel
3rd: Practiced Manifester
6th: Psionic Meditation
9th: Extend Power: Saves on flight a lot - you'll only spend 33 PP on flying all day long.
12th: Quicken Power
15th: Mind over Body
18th: Expanded Knowledge: Psionic True Seeing. (sorta open)

I guess... Quicken wouldn't be bad - when you want that Adrenaline Boost/Psychofeedback running, you really want it.
OTOH, we can just Temporal Accelerate for boosting.

Appropriate Skill Tricks: Assume Quirk, Second Impression, Clarity of Vision, Twisted Charge.
Some more interesting ones, but not as necessary.

Power Cost for the day:
Flight: 33PP
Thicken Skin: Overchannel for extend, 6 hours charge: 84 points
Vigor: 72 PP for 90HP all day.

Animal Affinity: 180PP one stat, all day. Best to use situationally, mmkay? two hits for +4 all stats = 30PP for 40 min.

And.. those are always-on. the rest are round/level stuff.
Disregarding animal affinity for now, we get a total of...
189 points spent, and probably around 174 points left for what's needed.

gratituous calculations redone[spoiler]

From a 25 point buy - a bit unreasonable - split at 14/14/14/10/15/9 initially,
we get to Fortress of Solitude where we use our WBL for +5 tomes on all 5 out of 6 stats, for
153000 GP - doable at level 15, we end up at 19/19/19/15/23/14, considering we've put all our points to WIS, finally getting us to 19/19/19/15/25/14 at level 20.

*edit* The above is wrong - we're one tome over budget.

Let's snatch a +6 wisdom item just because - say, the S symbol- for wis 31.
Monk's Belt is a good and reasonable pick, too.
This means we have 2+311+100PP, for a total of 413, or 234 for heroics after dailies. That's ~60PP per encounter.
(58pts, 50 just to save some.)
Our AC is at this point 10+4 dex +7 skin + 10 wisdom +1 monk, or a decent 32. It's not unhittable. In fact, it's pitiful.
Sure, it's a good base - with a single ring and bracers +8, we are at 45 AC which is already decent, but still...
Our HP is 80+90+19d6+8, or 244,5 HP. 90 of which is refreshable, "no-damage".
Our attack is a pitiful 14+4 str =18/13/8, or 16/16/11/6. Grapple is 22.

So, avg. bad case surprise situation: We manifest Temporal Acceleration for 2 rounds, which uses 15PP.
If we're in a plain ol' arena combat style situation, we manifest Iron Body and max. Offensive Precog.
This puts us at +10 to hit, +3 to dam/grp and -3 AC and Ref. We're now able to hit low-AC opponents,
are relatively safe from harm and possess average grapple ability. At a cost of 49pts, any more expenditure
is going to weaken us later in the day. Still, you're relatively impressive vs. cannon fodder, I guess. (effectively +32 with WBL weapon/amulets, so...)

Alternatively, instead of OP, we go for Grip of Iron for +33 grapple

If there's actual clear danger, but not enough to warrant several days' worth of trouble, we now have ~150PP remaining. More, if it's earlier, naturally. Temporal Acceleration for 19 points allows us to add Defensive Precog, 13 points of Animal Affinity and Psychofeedback for 11 points to the mix. This costs 19+13+9 points, total of 60 and lefts us with the final equipped stats of: AC 49, Attack +39, STR 36, Grapple 31, damage 1d8+13. This is 3 points more AB than is required anything of appropriate CR, thus you can flurry to your heart's content. You have a 95% chance to hit at first two, 75% at second and 50% at the last, for a total avg. of 320% damage, which is kind of low, but reliable, and you can go on for several rounds. Chances are you won't run out of Vigor with your DR, and AC up that high, although in a party, you should expect to encounter ACs up to 50 on bosses.

Of course, if you go all "full release", burning a total of 19 TA +25 AAx2 + 19DP +19TA +19OP+15IB +11BFB = 127PP,
you end up with the following stats: str 52 dex 13 con 19 int 10 wis 31 cha 8. Your AB will be:
14 + 7OP + 21 STR +5 gear, for a total of +47 to hit, and AC at 49. You still have ~100PP remaining for tactical use. Fully manifested Grip of Iron in addition would give us a +47 constant grapple, which means non-colossals are easily grappled into submission.

Conclusion:

It's not that uber, but it more or less lets you play the character. Judging how much power to use in each situation is going to be the hardest task for the player. You won't be that amazing ALL the time, but you're one mean grappler and a decent tanker.

I.. I think, it probably isn't gimped, at least.

You do get to do cool stuff, though, with Guardian and Anticipatory Strike, mainly.

All in all, you're lacking in offensive power, but you are very durable, and have the closest thing to a "Perfect Defence" I've seen thus far.[/spoiler]

*edit*

I'm getting closer, I think. Expanded Knowledge for Grip of Iron. Fully augmented at 17, 19 extended points, it's +12 to grapple. This puts us to +48 grapple. Jotunbrud would be another +4, for +52. Still not enough vs. a Great Wyrm, but
you could out-grapple a colossal fiendish thingy.

A single-level dip to Monk nets some proficiencies as wel as improved grapple for free. We can make up by snatching practiced manifester. This costs 32 PP, so daily endurance goes down a bit. Monk 2 is also verry tempting.

Equipment-wise... well, it's stupid to be without items, really. Psychoactive skins are almost but not quite right.
"Skin of the Spider" description cracks me up, though.

Hmm. I'd say the costume is really a Disguise/Perform/Diplomacy/Bluff/Intimidate skill booster set - it's so iconic that certain people give up when they see it, others are filled with hope, and everyone stares at the bright primary colors and the big S instead of paying too much attention on the face.

Mantles and powers [spoiler]

Guardian: Immediate expend focus, take damage for adjacent ally
.1 Thicken Skin :10min/l +7 AC OR swift +5 AC (19 points)
.10 Mind Over Energy immediate 1round/lvl energy immunity (11pts)
.14 Iron Body, Psionic :1min/lvl, Dr15/a, +6 str -6 dex enhancement, (15 pts)
.5 Damp Power: minimum damage from variable die of spells etc.(3pts)

Physical Power: Expend focus, +2 p stat 1 round
.1 Adrenaline Boost: 1 round +8 STR, DEX (SWIFT) insight, (19pts)
.2 Animal Affinity: +4 Enhancement 1 min/lvl, (3pts +5pts extra ability)
.4 Vigor
.19 True Metabolism 1 min /lvl, fast heal 10, (15pts)
.8 Psychofeedback: Reduce one score to increase other, 1 r/lvl (9pts)

Freedom: +10 speed, expend focus for +20 to avoid grapple/escape grapple.
.3 Hustle: gain move as swift (3pp)
.6 Fly, Psionic (7pp)
.13 Psionic Greater Teleport (15pts)

Law:
.7 Immovability: dr 15/a, +20 str check to move, Concentration, (7pp immediate 15pp)
.9 Grip of Iron
.17 Timeless Body: std action, 1 round, unaffectable, (17pp)

Fate: 1/day expend focus, +20 to a d20 roll
.18 Defensive Precog 1 min/level +7 AC saves, +5 swift(19pts)
.12 Offensive Precog 1 min/level +7 attack, +5 swift(19pts)
.11 Clairvoyant Sense 1 min/lvl (3pp)

Time: +2 init, immediate expend focus, delay damage 1r
.15 Temporal Acceleration: swift, 1 round, 11ppt, +4ppt/extra round
.16 Anticipatory Strike: immediate, use next turn (9pp)[/spoiler]

Why this is Superman?

You fly along all day long
You have super-speed, thanks to Hustle, Freedom mantle, Temporal Acceleration and Teleport, Greater.
You can see and hear through walls and long distances thanks to Clairvoyant Sense
You can survive both in deep space and the bottom of the ocean, thanks to Iron Body. With Mind Over Energy,
you can even withstand swimming in lava, or the heart of a star, technically.
You can put yourself in the line of fire, thanks to Anticipatory Strike & Greater Teleport.
You can survive any hit, thanks to Anticipatory Strike + Timeless Body. Even the 1d2 crusader punch, or Pun-pun smite.
You can, albeit for a short while only, grapple Colossal critters reliably.
You can stop an oncoming train, thanks to Immovability
You can SAVE PEOPLE thanks to Guardian mantle's power.

What are we missing?

ability to combo Anticipatory Strike + Greater Teleport + Guardian power. it's a bit more reliable
me kara no BIIMU! Er, heat vision.
X-ray vision, microscopic vision
Super-hearing, partially. Hearing the Air would be nice.
Strenght. We can easily lift an elephant, but not a building, really. That being said, we can hit the burst break DC of 3 foot of hewn stone, at least once with Fate power.
Staying power. More PP is always better. Even if you're completely fresh, except for dailies, you can only survive for 20 rounds inside a black hole, for an example. This build can eat PP like candy.

Maximum, all-out STR: 19 +6 iron body, +27 Psychofeedback, +8 Adrenaline boost. Total: 60. that's 102.4K pounds lift off ground. A medium-sized blue whale. A bit stronger than a calm Hulk.

Grapple check would be 14 BAB + 4 IG +25 STR, for a total of 43. Not nearly enough... With Grip of Iron this becomes +55, which is still a bit bad, but gives a chance against many colossal opponents.

We can also momentarily use Fate power to get a +19 on one d20 roll/day.

Psychofeedback is terrible, in many ways. We fortunately get 20 virtual points for it from Animal Affinity, but we still need to lower base level INT and CHA to 10 for the whole 27, and it takes quite long to recover. There's still some leeway, so finding something to accelerate recovery from Ability Burn is one good step, definitely.
Faster Healing from cwar? Mind Over Body can easily put us to 6 points/day recovered, and is probably the most cost-efficient choice.

Quicken Power is to be Epic-ready. Metamind might not be bad at epic.

I did an analysis which told me that it was, but that didn't account for Temporal Acceleration. Effectively, we can get 30 rounds, during which we can spend 29xML points, but that's really only useful if we improved overchannel a lot, and we're missing a heal effect

( OC Boost 1, heal damage, OC Boost 2, Heal Damage etc. )

Here's my current Epic plan:[spoiler]

Epic:
Ardent, Improved Manifestation, Guardian Deaden Blow, +32PP +19pp
Ardent, Energy Mantle (Energy Ray)
Ardent, Energy Wave
Ardent 2xBonus Feat ( Improved Overchannel, Improved Manifestation, +21PP ), Wis 32 +10PP, Fate of One
Monk 2, Evasion, Deflect Arrows[/spoiler]

touchsight can emulate super senses within range. combined with synsthete (sp?) it can be any sense, too.

towards the yoda build... i think having font of power with the delay duration power active would be quite handy.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 04:48:38 PM by nijineko »
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Blade

Needs equipment, like that phenomenal sword, and a magical talenta boomerang cool build though

I tend to shy away from touching too much on equipment on my builds but I understand your point. I have debated between if the sword would be custom made or if I would start with a sunsword and move from there.

Also for leadership his cohort would be an old, dream dwarf artificer (so he'll have some assistance in equipment that way).

jeffrie

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
I would like to see a peter pan build. I would do one, but every time i do a big build it gets shot down so fast i feel like i wasted my time.

I would think that peter, being somewhere between 130+ years old, would be relatively high level, and he seems to have little trouble with multiple opponents of 3rd-5th level. I read somewhere that Gandalf is 6th, though i disagree (His position as a Myar, included a quest to lead and inspire the peoples of middle earth. He was not to show his true power, as told in the Silmarillion). So i have trouble placing many fiction PCs higher than that.
If i ignore the 'gandalf limit' i would place peter much closer to epic level. . . in fact, my leaning would be to make peter epic. . ?. . .?. . and Hook (who is also over 130 years old) at least 2/3 peters level (assuming we admit peter handles him easily).
   I would say that he was basically a rogue with nearly limitless flying, and perhaps the martial variant with the feats instead of sneak.. .

Anyone smarter and faster than me want to give some feedback or pointers?
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2011, 06:07:59 PM »
I read somewhere that Gandalf is 6th, though i disagree (His position as a Myar, included a quest to lead and inspire the peoples of middle earth. He was not to show his true power, as told in the Silmarillion).
Gandalf's true powers are above that, yes, but his restrictions lower him to what an lv6 paladin with a ring of elemental command could accomplish. (make people more courageous by proximity, Leadership feat, summon a mount...)

If i ignore the 'gandalf limit' i would place peter much closer to epic level. . . in fact, my leaning would be to make peter epic. . ?. . .?. . and Hook (who is also over 130 years old) at least 2/3 peters level (assuming we admit peter handles him easily).
Uh... is Pete really that powerful? I mean, I'm not an expert on the character but I can't see him fighting gods and demon lords on a regular basis.

And as for "handling him easily", by the CR system if you're two levels above someone you're twice as powerful as them. Multiplying CRs isn't a good way to go about it.

Factotum would probably be better than rogue.

Something to put the levels in perspective:
http://vaultsofnagoh.blogspot.com/2009/03/20th-level-ho-hum.html
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:13:21 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Anyone smarter and faster than me want to give some feedback or pointers?

Peter Pan is simply an enchanted fey doing a good daring outlaw build. Slap immortality & flight on him and you've given him his phenomenal attributes. And to mimic Prime32, Pan isn't really all that high level. He fights low-level, drunk pirates all day but beyond that never faces a unique threat.

Now Hook is a character you can have a lot of fun with. You can go the traditional route and simply build a warblade duelist to counter the daring outlaw build for Pan, but I feel there is a better way. If you can homebrew a psionic lich template than a thrallherd build is a nice way to go with Hook always attracting more pirates for his cause. Something like Psionic Lich Elan Telepath 5/Thrallherd 1/Warblade 4 where his phylactery is his hook.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2011, 02:16:51 AM »
oh. interesting flavor on that. and for a flaw you can have a pathological aversion to clocks and crocks. ^^
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

TheEndIsNear

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 12:52:52 PM »
Yuroichi from bleach:
Gestalt:
Need:
Divine minion (LA 1)
Kensai 10
Fighter 6
Bloodstorm Blade 10
Unarmed Arcane Swordsage X
Monk X

Use your body as a weapon and add throwing and returning with kensai, and teleporting if you wish/can. Bloodstormblade. Use Divine Minions to transform into a cat and distort stomach to eat 100lbs of food.

jeffrie

• Email
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2011, 03:21:05 PM »
I happen to be a Pan aficionado, and know more about peter than i do DnD. So i might be more help drawing outlines than filling in.

Peter Pan is simply an enchanted fey doing a good daring outlaw build. Slap immortality & flight on him and you've given him his phenomenal attributes. And to mimic Prime32, Pan isn't really all that high level. He fights low-level, drunk pirates all day but beyond that never faces a unique threat.

Now Hook is a character you can have a lot of fun with. You can go the traditional route and simply build a warblade duelist to counter the daring outlaw build for Pan, but I feel there is a better way. If you can homebrew a psionic lich template than a thrallherd build is a nice way to go with Hook always attracting more pirates for his cause. Something like Psionic Lich Elan Telepath 5/Thrallherd 1/Warblade 4 where his phylactery is his hook.

Peter is definitely not a fey. The literature clearly states that he is a human boy from London.

Uh... is Pete really that powerful? I mean, I'm not an expert on the character but I can't see him fighting gods and demon lords on a regular basis.

And as for "handling him easily", by the CR system if you're two levels above someone you're twice as powerful as them. Multiplying CRs isn't a good way to go about it.

Factotum would probably be better than rogue.

Gods and Demon Lords are out of pete's league. But comparing him to dark samuari's 10 level Hook build i would think higher than Hook perhaps by two?

The lost boys are obviously 0 level, with the occasional rise to first or perhaps rare second (in peripheral  literature). That puts Hooks crew ('a darker, more feared crew was never gathered') at least 2-3 with occasional 4th.

Peter has 10? cohorts including a faerie? or does the baby michael not count? Hook has more at 2-3 level?

I think i like the factotum idea. I can see pete mumbling and using imagination/inspiration to cast a spell/etc. He need's all day fly though (in his sleep, by literature). Everybody else needs pixie dust, but not peter. Is there a way to get it from Tink by RAW?

What level/CR is Tink?

thanks
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:31:32 PM by jeffrie »

-Kuroimaken

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »
I think i like the factotum idea. I can see pete mumbling and using imagination/inspiration to cast a spell/etc. He need's all day fly though (in his sleep, by literature). Everybody else needs pixie dust, but not peter. Is there a way to get it from Tink by RAW?
(slotless) magic item, since a D&D character will get a lot of his power from magic items anyway.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

jeffrie

• Email
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
pete need's all day fly though (in his sleep, by literature). Everybody else needs pixie dust, but not peter. Is there a way to get it from Tink by RAW?
(slotless) magic item, since a D&D character will get a lot of his power from magic items anyway.

I thought of magic items, but pete doesn't carry anything, or need to to fly. Factotum and Font of Inspiration might actually do it. . .

Actually i thought pete might qualify for Vow of Poverty. Though seeming chaotic at first glance, the literature is full of how peter actually has his code of honor. He is, though irregular, both good, and somewhat lawful. Allowing this would boost his power without needing magic items.

-Kuroimaken