Author Topic: Power stones for a Level 7 Erudite  (Read 2040 times)

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
Power stones for a Level 7 Erudite
« on: May 02, 2011, 12:01:26 AM »
I'm starting in a pbp, and I've spent most of my gold, but after getting all of the items I wanted/needed, I still have a little over 2000 gp. I wanted to know if the BG community had any suggestions for power stone selection as the erudite can learn powers from the stones. Currently I have Astral Construct, Detect Psionics, Entangling Ectoplasm, Inertial Armor, Mind Thrust, Psionic Grease, Psionic Minor Creation, Synchronicity, Vigor, Psionic Repair Damage, Share Pain, Dispel Psionics, Ectoplasmic Cocoon, Energy Wall, Time Hop, Fabricate, and Wall of ectoplasm. I can learn up to 4th level general psion/wilder and Metacreativity powers(all, not just shaper) and up to 3rd level of other psion disciplines from the power stones. Suggestions for other things to keep my eyes open for as I level are welcome too. If it matters, I'm a warforged.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Power stones for a Level 7 Erudite
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
If you're going Spell-to-Power, Polymorph (for astral construct forms). If not, Metamorphosis.

There's also a power in Untapped Potential called Ectoskeleton that's shaper-only, but grants you the use of a construct you create as power-armor. Augmenting it grants you the use of menu abilities, as well.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 05:08:54 PM »
Spell-to-Power is not implemented, and I can't learn metamorphosis until I can manifest 5 level powers(erudite learns discipline powers at -1 except for metacreativity powers[acf]). Unfortunately, third party is out, but all WotC 3.5 and unupdated 3.0 are allowed. I probably should have mentioned that. . .
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
Well, Hyperconscious is both awesome and balanced. It was made by people who know 3.5 balance inside and out. Perhaps you should have your DM look at it. There's some amazing and flavorful stuff in there.

And you should still give yourself a Metamorphosis power stone, so you can use it when you can.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 05:23:19 PM »
Can I even use the power stone of metamorphosis if I don't have it on my list or skill points in UPD? And I love Hyperconscious and dreamscarred press' psionic material, but the DM doesn't want them in. It's not really a big deal, so I didn't really press the issue.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 05:28:19 PM »
Can I even use the power stone of metamorphosis if I don't have it on my list or skill points in UPD? And I love Hyperconscious and dreamscarred press' psionic material, but the DM doesn't want them in. It's not really a big deal, so I didn't really press the issue.
You can learn Metamorphosis from the power stone when the time comes. Just make sure you have one to learn from.

Also, for cheap blasting, Gemstone Breath from CPsi. Especially nice if you become a heart dragonborn warforged and take both metabreath and metapsionic feats. Then boost your ML and breathe on people for fun and profit.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 05:52:32 PM »
Any others I should look out for?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 06:14:04 PM »
Psychic Reformation, of course. And then there's Psionic Open Chakra from MoI. Take a couple of Shape Soulmeld feats (I like the Phase Cloak, myself) and boost the ML all to hell, and you can bind anything that's not Totem/Heart/Soul at an astonishingly early level.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:47 PM »
Psychic reformation will cost me 700 gp, leaving me with 1300 gp. I don't have any feats open for shape soulmeld, so that looks a little useless until I take shape soulmeld(phase cloak) in a couple of levels. The party appears to have damage covered, so is gemstone breath worth it?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »

I can learn up to 4th level general psion/wilder and Metacreativity powers(all, not just shaper)

and up to 3rd level of other psion disciplines from the power stones. Suggestions ...

Sounds like you're using the Discipline Erudite from Mind's Eye (picking Metacreative as the discipline).

Technically, you can start Looping (!) Psychic Reformations and make a growing pile
of Powerstones with Expanded Knowledge; then dumping those powers into your Repertoire.

Dragon #349 has a feat called Chameleon Crafting. You can use it to make
Powerstones of Magic Spells X ... and then dump those powers into your Repertoire,
so long as they are Conjuration. This because Conjuration = Metacreativity.

You've got Linked Power metapsi, right ?!

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »
Yes, the character has the favored discipline acf(metacreativity), and he has linked power. I have been trying not to blur the line between magic and psionics any more than I have too. And dragon mag all has to be approved on a case by case basis with the dm. I doubt chameleon crafting would make the cut. . .
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]