Author Topic: Pimp my barbarian's healing  (Read 6316 times)

Hand_of_Vecna

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Pimp my barbarian's healing
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »
Healing Belt?  :eh

6k8 Healing per Day... for 750 gold...
As mentioned before, the ring of regen, even at it's ridiculous price, is actually more cost-effective.

Only, assuming you can get in a fight every time your hp tops off.

A wand lesser vigor heals 600 hp per hour topping you off in a little over 20 minutes and a wand of clw heals about 5 1/2 times these full heals will cost about 305 and 610 gp respectively. That's about 155 full heals from the faster, less efficient, core spell or 155 full heals for the price of your slow heal items after buying someone in your party a +10 UMD item which will have numerous uses over the course of the campaign.

If you can go outside core several endless wands would of the above spells would give you a renewable source of healing.  I don't have the stats for endless in front of me but they have a small number of charges that come back daily. I'm sure you can do better than 1344hp a day of healing for 95k.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 03:25:31 PM »
Fail troll is fail.  The idea is that he's healing twice his level + 4 times his Con mod each hour.  For a Goliath Barbarian with maxed Con (18 + 2 Racial + 5 Levels + 5 Tome + 6 Enhancement = 36 for +13 mod), that's 53 HP an hour for 1272 HP a day.
Fail what?

I say Ring of Regeneration flat out sucks & you agree it costs to much. Then the whole blabber amount the amount of HP healed thing doesn't help you at all. Con 36 + Rapid Metabolism + Ring of Regeneration + Periapt of Wound Closure heals a whole 200HP more but costs an additional feat slot and 15,000gp. Not to mention it requires a 137,500gp tome, 36,000gp +6 enhancement time, and all five level boosts put into Constitution to pull that off.

You just dedicated a lot of build aspects towards healing a relativity minor amount of HP over what simply buying useful magic items can do but I failed? Spend one tenth of that 188,500 you've used on more belts. 25 belts = 50d8 = 225HP & 169,650gp as pocket change. With the money left over pick up a +4 tome & +6 enhance for Con. If it spends two level up points in Con the entire thing heals as much as your dedicated build but can have +3 more Con, has the option to rapid fire it's daily healing to reach max amount under a minute (vs several hours), can pick up an extra feat, and still spent less gold.

As mentioned. Ditch the ring. It is so ineffective that the inclusion of it into anything creates a negative aspect on the outcome of everything else. It's like a kidney punch before shooting the game ending free throw.

A wand lesser vigor heals 600 hp per hour topping you off in a little over 20 minutes and a wand of clw heals about 5 1/2 times these full heals will cost about 305 and 610 gp respectively. That's about 155 full heals from the faster, less efficient, core spell or 155 full heals for the price of your slow heal items after buying someone in your party a +10 UMD item which will have numerous uses over the course of the campaign.
Wands of Lesser Vigor are the default minimum standard of Min/Max healing.  :)

You know, speaking of trolling. I don't see Regeneration listed on the ban list.
Would 1,200 for PAO to Troll for 400,000+ HP healed per day get the evil eye from the DM?
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 05:08:39 PM »
Not to mention it requires a 137,500gp tome, 36,000gp +6 enhancement time, and all five level boosts put into Constitution to pull that off.
These are all things I would get on a Barbarian, anyway.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
Not to mention it requires a 137,500gp tome, 36,000gp +6 enhancement time, and all five level boosts put into Constitution to pull that off.
These are all things I would get on a Barbarian, anyway.
I'd put my level up points into Str, probably. Better attack chance & damage which is the focus of the class and pretty much the only thing it's capable of.
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

Hand_of_Vecna

• Email
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 03:09:53 AM »
Ya, I'd probably call it good at maybe a +2 tome and a +6 enhancement to Con and max out Str; large piles of hp are a pretty mediocre defense. Anyway I explained how he could get faster cheaper heals with just the gold you spent on periapht and ring and also get a useful item and save a feat in the bargain. He can still do what he wants with regards to Str vs. Con and I won't comment further in that department unless the OP asks for advice outside of healing.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 05:56:49 AM »
Well, Con goes to Will saves with Steadfast Determination.  The large piles of HP are a fringe benefit.

Hand_of_Vecna

• Email
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 12:06:22 PM »
Fair point there are much cheaper ways to maximize a Will save then taking every point of tome stats you can.

Also my cost analysis is based purely on the items purchased for faster "natural" healing and has side benefits like giving someone a useful item (+10 competence UMD), allowing others to purchase wands to be used to heal themselves, saving a feat, and allowing the option of not maxing CON; all in addition to granting faster cheaper heals.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:05 PM »
Fair point there are much cheaper ways to maximize a Will save then taking every point of tome stats you can.
SAVE BOOSTING
Parry (+1 weapon enhancment): +1 insight to saves.
Vengful (+1 armor enhancment): +2 moral to saves.
Bracers of Empyreal Armor +6 (64,000): +6 unnamed to saves.
Cloak/Vest of Resistance (50,000): +5 resistance to saves.
Ioun Stone<pale green>(30,000): +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks.
Stone of Good Luck (20,000): +1 luck bonus on saving throws, ability checks, and skill checks.
Total: +16

+5 Spellstrike weapon (50,300+weapon type): +5 on saves vs spells.
+5 Resilient enchantment (+1 armor enchantment): immediate action, +5 to one save but lose the ac bonus for a round.
[/spoiler]