Author Topic: Need Help Building a 17th Level Divine Caster  (Read 907 times)

Cuindless

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
  • Occam's Razor
Need Help Building a 17th Level Divine Caster
« on: April 22, 2011, 05:17:35 PM »
Okay, I'm nearing the end of a campaign that's been over 3 years in the making. It's using published adventures and campaign setting, but I can tell that the writers started to get a bit lazy near the end. The opponents in the beginning are well optimized and a bit frightening, but by the end they're just using "Standard 17th level Cleric" as an enemy. My crop of players are mostly pretty good optimizers, and the ones who aren't listen to the advice of the ones who do. They'd mop the floor with the bad guys as designed, so I have to tweak them.

The current enemy is a 17th level necromancy focused divine caster. They've already faced down a DDM Persist CoDzilla in recent memory, so I'd like to make this one a bit more of a Battlefield Controller/Debuffer with a hint of Blaster thrown in. I realize blasting kind of sucks, but with a nice sized group of undead mooks to hold off our heroes, a few blasts would be fun and old fashioned. Let's chalk it down to nostalgia. ;)

Here's what I have so far:

Human Male Cleric9/DivineOracle1/Contemplative7
S10 D10 C18 I10 W28 Ch 16

Alternate Class Feature: Divine Magician (Necromancy)

Feats: Fearsome Necromancy, Spell Focus (Necromancy), Fell Weaken Spell, Divine Metamagic, Skill Focus: Knowledge (Religion), Deathfrost Spell, Black Lore of Moil

Domains: Necromancy, Oracle, Deathbound, Madness

It isn't a bad shell, but there's a lot more I could do with this. I want to keep it within a practical and defeatable range without too many ass-pulls and difficult justifications. Any thoughts?