Author Topic: Any sufficiently prepared Wizard is indistinguishable from an adventuring party  (Read 18944 times)

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
God damn, Giacomo, Sunic, and BS in a clusterfuck of idiocy.  The hell has this forum come to?

Hi Welcome

This. Clown Monks are not important, as they have automatically invalidated themselves.

You may wish to address "clown monk" questions elsewhere - I guess this is not the thread to do it.

- Giacomo

Since you are making clown Wizards instead, I'd say it is.

...Who the fuck makes a caster with something other than their casting stat as their primary stat?
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

Sir Giacomo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Since you are making clown Wizards instead, I'd say it is.

...Who the fuck makes a caster with something other than their casting stat as their primary stat?

Well, in a functioning group this can be the norm - but when doing a solo campaign as in this setting shown by Endarire, maybe you should not put all your eggs in one basket (and there is the Easter pun for you .. :) )
After all, a high casting stat is good, but a super-high casting stat is not always yielding the same return on investment as a very high stat that boosts your initiative, a weak save, your AC, stealth skills, ranged touch attacks etc.

- Giacomo

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
Well, in a functioning group this can be the norm - but when doing a solo campaign as in this setting shown by Endarire, maybe you should not put all your eggs in one basket (and there is the Easter pun for you .. :) )
After all, a high casting stat is good, but a super-high casting stat is not always yielding the same return on investment as a very high stat that boosts your initiative, a weak save, your AC, stealth skills, ranged touch attacks etc.
- Giacomo
Oh, so that's why the Monk isn't MAD.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

AleksanderTheGreat

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Dumbass. o_o
The DM backed down from the challenge before I even explained my plan.

I consider it a victory.
I think this is our signal that this thread served its purpose. Maybe a mod should lock it? Because this discussion isn't going anywhere.
Quote from: Sephirothsword117
Quote from: Solo
Optimizing is the antithesis of roleplaying because it takes focus away from the important parts of the game.
I'm inclined to disagree. People work hard on there characters, there personality, back ground, appearance, so forth. No one wants there character that they have invested time, energy, thought, and probably emotion in to be killed because they didn't take strong enough feats or skills or spells or what have you.