Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night  (Read 165859 times)

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night
« Reply #880 on: May 11, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
Q.276 - Will Monk's Belt and Greater Luminous Armor work together?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #881 on: May 11, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
Q.276 - Will Monk's Belt and Greater Luminous Armor work together?
A 276

Yes, for the same reason a Monk can wear Bracers of Armor. The Belt gives you a Monk's AC bonus, which is untyped, while the spell gives an Armor bonus, so they stack. The spell isn't actually armor, so it doesn't interfere with the ability working either.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #882 on: May 11, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »
Q 265: What ways are there to reduce the ASF and ACP on a shield, apart from Mithral and Twilight? Only equipment-wise, please, as the build is fixed.

Bump.

The Feycraft and Githcraft templates from DMG II each reduce ASF by 5%. If you just want a shield that you can enhance, the Gnome Battle Cloak from Races of Stone has no ASF/ACP right out of the box.

Thanks, Fey- and Githcraft are perfect!

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #883 on: May 11, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
Q 265: What ways are there to reduce the ASF and ACP on a shield, apart from Mithral and Twilight? Only equipment-wise, please, as the build is fixed.

Bump.

The Feycraft and Githcraft templates from DMG II each reduce ASF by 5%. If you just want a shield that you can enhance, the Gnome Battle Cloak from Races of Stone has no ASF/ACP right out of the box.

Thanks, Fey- and Githcraft are perfect!

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #884 on: May 11, 2011, 06:26:03 PM »
Q277

Does a handbook or compilation exist for armor special materials? Or, even more generally, mundane equipment in general? Specifically, I'm looking for leather special materials (special types of leather, ideally, not just special materials that can be used in armor made of leather, although I can always Rule 0 it), but a more general thing would be nice.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #885 on: May 11, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
Q278: Is there a Graft Handbook, or only a thread talking about making one? Please can I get a link if anyone has one :)

mthor

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #886 on: May 11, 2011, 07:44:07 PM »
Q279: Psionic weapon states that it works on a melee weapon. In the PHB a melee weapon is stated to be any weapon that works in melee, unarmed strike is even listed on the chart. Why can't you use psionic weapon on your fist? Am I miss reading this or what. Note, RAW and RAI interpretations are both appreciated but please note which one your argument is.
The god of thunder....... yeah I'm the hammer

Just ask yourself..... W.W.T.D  what would Thor do
mthor, look what you did. You made people on the internet argue. We all hate you with a fiery passion, now. :P

Vicerious

• Foolish Mortal
    • Email
« Reply #887 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:50 PM »
Q279: Psionic weapon states that it works on a melee weapon. In the PHB a melee weapon is stated to be any weapon that works in melee, unarmed strike is even listed on the chart. Why can't you use psionic weapon on your fist? Am I miss reading this or what. Note, RAW and RAI interpretations are both appreciated but please note which one your argument is.
Indeed, Psionic Weapon's description only specifies a melee weapon.  An unarmed strike is, indeed, a melee weapon.  Using the two together is every bit as legal as using Power Attack with an unarmed strike.  An unarmed strike is a natural weapon, not a manufactured weapon, which may be the reason for any confusion.
"A witty saying proves nothing." --Voltaire

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #888 on: May 11, 2011, 10:43:43 PM »
Indeed, Psionic Weapon's description only specifies a melee weapon.  An unarmed strike is, indeed, a melee weapon.  Using the two together is every bit as legal as using Power Attack with an unarmed strike.  An unarmed strike is a natural weapon, not a manufactured weapon, which may be the reason for any confusion.

well, a monk's unarmed strike is both...

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #889 on: May 12, 2011, 12:33:04 AM »
Q 280: Has anyone ever tried to make a Psionic conversion for the Vest of the Archmagi?  Or for that matter, a Ring of Wizardry?
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #890 on: May 12, 2011, 02:54:41 AM »
Q281 Is the Streamers spell (Shining South) limited to one attack per streamer per round? Because the way I read it, it seems like each streamer attacks on EACH action the target takes.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #891 on: May 12, 2011, 03:38:18 AM »
Q281 Is the Streamers spell (Shining South) limited to one attack per streamer per round? Because the way I read it, it seems like each streamer attacks on EACH action the target takes.

if i remember correctly that is one of the most broken spells out there... also remember that free actions are actions too...

Archao

« Reply #892 on: May 12, 2011, 05:42:14 AM »
The spell says "Whenever the target next takes any sort of action [...]" The inclusion of the word "next" Seems like a once-a-round deal, like a spell that is expended on the next attack. Also, it strikes via readied attack, which I've only ever encountered as once per round.

An interesting spell though. Thanks for bringing it up.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #893 on: May 12, 2011, 12:17:16 PM »
thanks ;)

think of what would happen if you apply the Reserves of Strength feat and have like 30 streamers floating near your enemy

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #894 on: May 12, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »
Q282: Is it just assumed that Ravages & Afflictions (BoED) use Fortitude saves since they're similar to poisons, or do the rules spell it out somewhere (and, if so, where)?
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #895 on: May 12, 2011, 05:18:47 PM »
Q283: Is there any way to get Turn Undead (can't be Rebuke Undead) for a full arcane spellcaster (Sorcerer/Wizard with 9th level spells type guys) other than dipping Cleric 1 or Sacred Exorcist (at level 10)? One loses a caster level, the other is very late. Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:16:48 PM by Saxony »
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #896 on: May 12, 2011, 06:02:46 PM »
Vdip Death Delver, heroes of horror
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #897 on: May 12, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »
Vdip Death Delver, heroes of horror

Q283: Is there any way to get Turn Undead (can't be Rebuke Undead) for an arcane spellcaster other than dipping Cleric 1 or Sacred Exorcist (at level 10)? One loses a caster level, the other is very late. Thank you!
Can't be Rebuke Undead. Otherwise, I'd go crazy on Dread Necromancer. Also, I need to edit my question.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:06:54 PM by Saxony »
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #898 on: May 12, 2011, 07:04:08 PM »
Q282: Is it just assumed that Ravages & Afflictions (BoED) use Fortitude saves since they're similar to poisons, or do the rules spell it out somewhere (and, if so, where)?
The Affliction spell, pg. 89-90, indicates the target gets a Fort save.  But that's all I can find on the issue.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Hasmadad

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #899 on: May 12, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
Q238 does anyone know the name of the spell that lets you view the last couple rounds before someone died? It's like Speak with Dead, except it allows you to view the last couple rounds leading up to the creature's death, and requires an intact brain instead of an intact jaw, iirc.