Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night  (Read 166161 times)

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2011, 01:27:19 PM »
Q 98:  I know there's a list of Save or Sucks here, but is there a list of good/worthwhile buffs anywhere?  Specifically looking for things that are persistable, but just a general list of buffs by class list would be great.

Here, here and here.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2011, 01:33:54 PM »
Q 98:  I know there's a list of Save or Sucks here, but is there a list of good/worthwhile buffs anywhere?  Specifically looking for things that are persistable, but just a general list of buffs by class list would be great.

Here, here and here.
Q98B: How about a list of persistable ARCANE spells?  :P
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2011, 01:49:08 PM »
Q96: What is the market price modifier on Kaorti Resin weapons?  I couldn't find it in the website description.

We only know about kaorti resin from extrapolation, there is nothing to say it can be applied to weapons other than the Ribbon Daggers that the Kaorti use.

That said a Ribbon Dagger is 50gp. Kaorti resin weapons are exotic you should also note.
Other than material (and *4 crit multiplier), is there any difference between a ribbon dagger and a regular dagger?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

xamas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • you did WHAT to your hair?
    • Email
« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2011, 07:44:08 PM »
Q99 I was wondering what the omnicaster was. i've heard it mentioned before.

xamas
Quote from: Sinfire Titan

Archivist: Its like a Wizard fucked a Cleric and stole the child. Seriously, this class is for you.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: April 16, 2011, 10:05:34 PM »
Q96: What is the market price modifier on Kaorti Resin weapons?  I couldn't find it in the website description.

We only know about kaorti resin from extrapolation, there is nothing to say it can be applied to weapons other than the Ribbon Daggers that the Kaorti use.

That said a Ribbon Dagger is 50gp. Kaorti resin weapons are exotic you should also note.
Other than material (and *4 crit multiplier), is there any difference between a ribbon dagger and a regular dagger?

no, that is how we extrapolate what kaorti resin weapons are. There is no evidence of any other weapons being made of the stuff though and a ribbon dagger is noted as a specific weapon.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2011, 11:36:39 PM »

xamas

A 99: The Omnicaster is my take on the Psionic Trick the Shards of Leadership, using Improved Psicrystal to eventually nab every arcane and divine spell, ever, on a level 1 Erudite.  He can then access all those spells as he levels, or sooner with a little ML assistance (also very doable).
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2011, 12:45:44 AM »
Q100

We have a nice list in Complete Champion of the alternate domains and which ones match with the PHB domains.  I am playing a Cleric of Hextor in one game and one of Herironeous in another. Both have domains in their lists that do not match and I am hoping anyone here can give me an idea on what would closely match them.  They are Courage, Nobility and Tyranny found here http://home.comcast.net/~ftm3/JHtB/domains.html.  Ty

Aliek

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2011, 03:34:02 AM »
Q101: How would it work if an Erudite with StP ACF got rainbow servant up to level 10? Would he be able to cast any spell from the cleric spell list, or would he have to learn them first?(Or is it just not possible?)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:23:17 AM by Aliek »

Zebu

« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2011, 03:39:25 AM »
Q102 Is there any NPC class that grants Prestidigitation as a class spell?  I'm making a circus using the Leadership feat, and if ever a spell was made for entertainers it's Prestidigitation.  But the only NPC caster I can find is Adept...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:00:15 PM by Zebu »

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #289 on: April 17, 2011, 06:24:47 AM »
Q101: How would it work if an Erudite with StP ACF got rainbow servant up to level 10? Would he be able to cast any spell from the cleric spell list, or would he have to learn them first?(Or is it just not possible?)
A 101

Not possible as written, since an Erudite doesn't cast arcane spells (the powers from StP are psionic versions of arcane spells, but not arcane spells themselves) and the PrC itself doesn't advance psionics. It's also very wonky what would happen if an Erudite were to get to the capstone despite everything, as it's undefined what they would be added to and what he could do with them (they're added to his spell list, but he doesn't have one to start with, and doesn't learn his powers from a spell list, but a power list). If all those kinks were worked out somehow, he would still need to learn them like any other power on his list, just like a Sorcerer/Rainbow Servant.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:38 AM »
Q 103: (Apologies in advance if this is a bad question) When both are played to their full power, which is more powerful, a shadowcraft mage or a spell-to-power erudite?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2011, 08:40:35 AM »
Q 103: (Apologies in advance if this is a bad question) When both are played to their full power, which is more powerful, a shadowcraft mage or a spell-to-power erudite?
Depends on how you measure it.  In terms of sheer versatility, the StP Erudite probably wins out, since there's not THAT much that an SCM can do that Shades and it's lesser counterparts can't, but the non-racist SCM can do stupid powerful stuff starting at only ECL 5 (Illumian Cleric 2/SCM 3 can do Shadow Miracles given 6 turn attempts per day.  If they have 12 then they can do it twice per day.  Other builds wait until ECL 6 for DMM.)

xamas

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • you did WHAT to your hair?
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: April 17, 2011, 09:08:08 AM »

xamas

A 99: The Omnicaster is my take on the Psionic Trick the Shards of Leadership, using Improved Psicrystal to eventually nab every arcane and divine spell, ever, on a level 1 Erudite.  He can then access all those spells as he levels, or sooner with a little ML assistance (also very doable).

awesome, thanks.

xamas
Quote from: Sinfire Titan

Archivist: Its like a Wizard fucked a Cleric and stole the child. Seriously, this class is for you.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #293 on: April 17, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
no, that is how we extrapolate what kaorti resin weapons are. There is no evidence of any other weapons being made of the stuff though

Actually.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Esgath

« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »

Here, here and here.
Q98B: How about a list of persistable ARCANE spells?  :P

I would want that too :D

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »
Q104 What's the easiest way to go about getting Hunter's Eye on a Cleric, ideally without losing any caster levels?

Q104b On a Divine Bard?

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: April 17, 2011, 03:01:10 PM »
Q105

When an Artificer makes magic items, lets say a scroll. He counts has being his Artificer level +2 for "casting the spells".

So a 3rd level Artificer would be able to count as a 5th level Wizard and could craft scrolls of 3rd level, but they would have a CL of 3. Such as a scroll with a 3d6 Fireball on it.

What if i wanted to craft a scroll of an assassin spell. Would i count as being a 5th level assassin and then be able to craft a scroll or wand of a 3rd level assassin spell?

Basically my question is, do i count as a member of all the different classes and prestige classes as if i had levels in those prestige classes equal to my artificer level + 2?

If so, wont that end with a level 7 artificer who would be able to make scrolls of level 9 spells from the ur-priest, apostle of peace, beholder mage list?
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

jeffrie

• nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »
Q106Anyone know of a small dip to acquire "magic" domain?
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

Zebu

« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2011, 03:17:40 PM »
A106 Contemplative (the PrC) gives you any one bonus domain at 1st level.  Alternatively, you might be able to use the spell Substitute Domain to qualify, depending on what your GM thinks.

Viletta Vadim

• Curious George
  • Metal Genocider, maximum shooto!
« Reply #299 on: April 17, 2011, 03:20:56 PM »
Q106Anyone know of a small dip to acquire "magic" domain?
A106 Contemplative (Complete Divine).  Alternately, Sovereign Speaker (Faiths of Eberron), but that loses you a level of spellcasting.  (Then again, it gets you four more domains before losing another level of spell progression.)