Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night  (Read 166165 times)

stranglebat

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 24: We Can Work It Night By Night
« Reply #260 on: April 15, 2011, 03:24:58 PM »
Q92

one thing leads to another, whats the best way to store boulders for a hulking hurler to hurl? Portable hole?

jeffrie

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #261 on: April 15, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
Clerics get two, i know, thanks (Cloistered gets three, so there). What i meant was also about extra domains from other classes, but i think i get it now (it should make sense).
AFAIK, the way it typically works out is...

If you take a PrC that grants access to a specific domain (Divine Oracle, Church Inquisitor, etc.), you gain that domain regardless of whether or not the Deity grants it.

If you take a PrC that lets you pick from a list of domains, you can pick any domain from that list regardless of whether or not the deity grants it.

If you take a PrC that lets you pick an additional domain with no other restrictions (Contemplative), that domain has to be one that you haven't already picked from your deity's list.  If you've picked all the domains offered by your deity, you've done some downright shitty character planning.  Re-train one of your previous domains (taken as a Cleric) into a Devotion feat.
Thanks. But why do you say that? what's shitty? I ask because; what you said about the devotion feat. One of the thins that got me in to this is a character low on feats that i was considering adding a domain for a devotion feat (then i started having fun with domain researching).
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #262 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:53 PM »
Q92

one thing leads to another, whats the best way to store boulders for a hulking hurler to hurl? Portable hole?
Pocket+Shrink Item.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #263 on: April 15, 2011, 03:39:41 PM »
Q92

Enveloping Pit (MiC) is better than the personal hole by a wide margin.  It's MUCH deeper and it's cheaper too.  But you need to be evil.

JaronK

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #264 on: April 15, 2011, 03:46:14 PM »
Q93

If I have a skill that os a class skill and go into a PrC that does not have that skill am I stuck with the skill at the ranks before I enter the PrC or can I continue to improve the skill at the cost of two skill points per rank?  That being said if I have a skill that is cross class and I enter a PrC where the skill is a class skill may I increase the skill ranks to level plus three?

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #265 on: April 15, 2011, 03:56:02 PM »
A93: If a skill is not a class skill for the class you are currently taking, then it costs 2 skill points per skill rank. However, if that skill was ever a class skill for you (whether through the current class or a previous one), then the maximum skill ranks are for a class skill (level +3).
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #266 on: April 15, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
A93: If a skill is not a class skill for the class you are currently taking, then it costs 2 skill points per skill rank. However, if that skill was ever a class skill for you (whether through the current class or a previous one), then the maximum skill ranks are for a class skill (level +3).
also backed up in the main FAQ.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

CrimsonDeath

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #267 on: April 15, 2011, 04:02:52 PM »
A93: And to answer the other half of your question, if you've put cross-class ranks into a skill and then multiclass into a class that has it as a class skill, your current ranks stay the same, but your max rank limit increases to your HD +3 and (if your new class grants enough skill points) you can immediately raise that skill to its new max rank.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:29 PM »
A89:  Races of Faerun has a small dwarf, but I think they might be +1 LA.

the Wild Dwarf is small with +0 LA

I'm rarely offended. I have no aptitude for humor, but can't seem to stop trying. I'm always happy for the time you take to help. thanks.

good :)   i am the same way

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2011, 10:27:11 PM »
Q94: I have been told 'Dead Eye' feat adds dex to damage on ranged weapons. http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Deadeye_Shot ... does it? Where should I be looking?

Q95: What page of Arms and Equipment is the Gnome Sight on for ranged weapons? I keep looking but I can't find the damn thing >: O!

Thanks in advance all  :D

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #271 on: April 16, 2011, 12:54:01 AM »
A94: The one you are looking for is from a Dragon Magazine and in the Dragon Compendium Vol 1. feats section.

A95: Page 36 "Crossbow Sight, Gnome"

Takanaki

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #272 on: April 16, 2011, 01:01:59 AM »
I kept looking for 'Gnome' in the lists... must have scrolled past it ten times. lol thanks.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2011, 01:10:19 AM »
Q94: I have been told 'Dead Eye' feat adds dex to damage on ranged weapons. http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Deadeye_Shot ... does it? Where should I be looking?
look just one feat above that one -- "dead eye", not "deadeye shot. (also found in Dragon Compendium)

Q95: What page of Arms and Equipment is the Gnome Sight on for ranged weapons? I keep looking but I can't find the damn thing >: O!
page 36  (kind of an odd spot, but there it is)[/s]

goddamn ninjas.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:11:52 AM by wotmaniac »

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2011, 02:18:39 AM »
It took you 20 minutes to reply? Even a gelatinous cube could ninja you :P

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2011, 03:06:08 AM »
Q96: What is the market price modifier on Kaorti Resin weapons?  I couldn't find it in the website description.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2011, 05:18:55 AM »
Q 97 Does hellbred work like dragonborn?

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2011, 05:22:28 AM »
A97: no, its not a template like Dragonborn is, unfortunately.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2011, 11:31:38 AM »
Q 98:  I know there's a list of Save or Sucks here, but is there a list of good/worthwhile buffs anywhere?  Specifically looking for things that are persistable, but just a general list of buffs by class list would be great.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2011, 11:53:36 AM »
Q96: What is the market price modifier on Kaorti Resin weapons?  I couldn't find it in the website description.

We only know about kaorti resin from extrapolation, there is nothing to say it can be applied to weapons other than the Ribbon Daggers that the Kaorti use.

That said a Ribbon Dagger is 50gp. Kaorti resin weapons are exotic you should also note.