Author Topic: Psion Gish  (Read 11557 times)

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
Re: Psion Gish
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 12:10:14 AM »
some dms will even allow it to stack with prestige class levels.

i'm the other psionics individual, but i'm not around nearly as much, so i'm a lot more quiet.

crystal master is another fun prestige for gish, also updated to 3.5.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Zemyla

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Rampant Changeling Fetishist
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 02:56:39 PM »
Don't forget to take the control body power.  You manifest it on yourself, so you can take a full round's worth of actions with a standard action.  You then manifest solicit psicrystal, so the psicrystal is concentrating on the power instead of you. You can thus fight and manifest powers at the same time.  Plus, you get Int to AC, attacks, and damage instead of Dex or Str.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »
But you've also taken Metamorphosis and Illithid Heritage + Illithid Grapple x4. You use girallon as your current combat form. You wield a quarterstaff 2-handed (since it's a simple weapon) and get an attack routine of +14 quarterstaff/+9 bite/+9 claw/+9 claw/+9 quarterstaff/+9 tentacle/+9 tentacle/+9tentacle/+9 tentacle/+4 quarterstaff.
By the way, if anyone makes a Tentacle rApe joke I'm going to be rather miffed.

Ok
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2011, 07:55:54 PM »

I'm the psi-guy around here (more or less).

Yeah yeah ... PhaeXY got a job or somethin'.
 :P

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2011, 07:58:29 PM »
I'm the psi-guy around here (more or less).
Yeah yeah ... PhaeXY got a job or somethin'.
 :P
Or a girlfriend...

Nah, you're right. Probably a job.
 :drums
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2011, 08:08:56 PM »
He said it was a new job.

He might have been Chaotic Neutral for a moment.

[paparazzi rumor]

I heard he got married in Jerry Falwell's church !!

[/paparazzi rumor]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
Don't forget to take the control body power.  You manifest it on yourself, so you can take a full round's worth of actions with a standard action.  You then manifest solicit psicrystal, so the psicrystal is concentrating on the power instead of you. You can thus fight and manifest powers at the same time.  Plus, you get Int to AC, attacks, and damage instead of Dex or Str.
This is good for earlier levels; the problems with it are threefold: no AoOs, you don't technically get Dex to AC (although you should be able to substitute Int for Dex for that purpose), and you have to make Concentration checks for getting yourself thrown around by your pet rock.

Of course, the latter problem is solved when your psicrystal waits until it's no longer your turn to move you around, or you hold your action to manifest instead.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2011, 09:54:09 PM »
This is good for earlier levels; the problems with it are threefold: no AoOs, you don't technically get Dex to AC (although you should be able to substitute Int for Dex for that purpose), and you have to make Concentration checks for getting yourself thrown around by your pet rock.

Of course, the latter problem is solved when your psicrystal waits until it's no longer your turn to move you around, or you hold your action to manifest instead.

i always felt like you would have to use your crystal's bab and int also... being that the crystal is doing the controlling and not the manifester.  also you would be forced to use the crystal's feats for combat too.. so no power attack, or finesse, etc  and that would also apply for the crystal's lack of class abilities... no pouncing for a barb dip psi gish, no sneak attack...

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

i always felt like you would have to use your crystal's bab and int also... being that the crystal is doing the controlling and not the manifester.  also you would be forced to use the crystal's feats for combat too.. so no power attack, or finesse, etc  and that would also apply for the crystal's lack of class abilities... no pouncing for a barb dip psi gish, no sneak attack...
Fair point, but it's not what manifested the power. You are. And so it would use your abilities to power the manifestation, psicrystal or no.

It could be argued either way, however.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]