Author Topic: Divine Spellwarp Sniper  (Read 3438 times)

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
Divine Spellwarp Sniper
« on: March 14, 2011, 08:11:53 PM »
It started with Ninja 1/Cleric 5/Spellwarp Sniper 5. Then it evolved into Changeling Rogue 1/Deadly Hunter Druid 5/Spellwarp Sniper 5 with Zen Archery and Able Learner.

Thoughts? Topper class?
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
Re: Divine Spellwarp Sniper
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 09:19:53 PM »
A dip into PrC Ranger to pick up some of those tasty Ranger only spells.  Or a divine version of Unseen Seer would be pretty cool.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Generic_PC

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
PrC Ranger is probably worthwhile. Divine Oracle would also be nice, if you want to feel a little more rogue-ish.
Witty sayings? Nah, not right now. Currently playing Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends. I really recommend League of Legends.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:21:36 PM »
What's "Deadly Hunter" Druid?

Don't have any ideas for a class to finish with. Although after a dip in PrC Ranger maybe go somewhere that gives you turn attempts? I can't tel if you already have them, I'm not up to date on caster optimization at all.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »
Prestige paladin + sword of the arcane order?

Or you might be better off with an archivst as your divine spellcasting base and have the best of all world as well as being able to use knowledge devotion.

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 07:23:09 AM »
Knight of the Raven!

Changeling rogue 1/Deadly Hunter Druid 5/Spellwarp Sniper 5/Knight of the Raven 9 with Able Learner and Zen Archery 15 BAB, 18 CL

another idea is using strongheart halfling and Yondala's Sense (wis to initiative!)

or dwarf, knowledge devotion and ancestral knowledge.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
What's "Deadly Hunter" Druid?
This, most likely.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 05:18:53 PM »
Maybe a single level of Shiba Protector for wis to hit/damage depending on if you want to sacrifice casting and feats. Where's Knight of the Raven from, I know I've seen it, I just can't remember where...
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

stallcount

• Noob
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 06:10:20 PM »
I've been looking a bit and I can't seem to pick up on the advantage of a Divine Spellwarp Sniper. I didn't realize that the Sniper could be entered into with divine casting and I must say it has peaked my interest. I'm just curious as to what the benefits are and how a rough build would playout as.

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 07:11:23 PM »
Maybe a single level of Shiba Protector for wis to hit/damage depending on if you want to sacrifice casting and feats. Where's Knight of the Raven from, I know I've seen it, I just can't remember where...

Shiba Protector is probably a good dip, but it requires three useless feats (one if you count otyugh hole) :/

KotR is from Expedition to castle Ravenloft.

I've been looking a bit and I can't seem to pick up on the advantage of a Divine Spellwarp Sniper. I didn't realize that the Sniper could be entered into with divine casting and I must say it has peaked my interest. I'm just curious as to what the benefits are and how a rough build would playout as.

Well, different spells mainly. Druids do get some good blasts. However, wisdom-monster-synergy aside, this guy is surely worse than a straight druid :p

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Shiba Protector is probably a good dip, but it requires three useless feats (one if you count otyugh hole) :/

As I said, if your willing to give up the feats, but if you can find a dragonsblood pool, you could use it to qualify for obtain familiar->alertness, and obtain familiar is a helluva lot better than just straight alertness...

KotR is from Expedition to castle Ravenloft.

Thanks
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 07:37:24 PM »

As I said, if your willing to give up the feats, but if you can find a dragonsblood pool, you could use it to qualify for obtain familiar->alertness, and obtain familiar is a helluva lot better than just straight alertness...
[/quote]

You can't. It requires arcane caster level.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 07:44:36 PM »
My mistake, dragonsblood pool gives an arcane slot, not a caster level, woops
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]