Author Topic: [3.5] ultimate jumpman maximization?  (Read 8872 times)

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
Re: ?
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2011, 04:19:04 PM »
edit also

first question..... PrC means?

okokok... im being kindda vague... my characters name is superjumpcommandoman. hes a vig that jumps very high all the time because he believes gravity killed his family when he was a baby.

he was raised by an old man who taught him the ways of combat, justice and the ways to fight the evils of gravity.

he ALWAYS speaks in 3rd person and becomes angry when people disagrees with him and even more angry when people agree with him.

Well, it is goddamned retarded. So if the game isn't also of the goddamned retarded theme, I can see how your DM might not think it is an appropriate fit. Maybe try for something... simply fantastic or outlandish? Perhaps raised by thri-keens as part of their "Mammalian Ubersoldat" program. Or maybe make it cooperative with another player's backstory.

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
Re: [3.5] ultimate jumpman maximization?
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2011, 08:06:03 PM »
hm. that does seem rather lackadaisical at best. it sounds like this character, if played as described will simply cause the party to turn every encounter no matter how minor or how presented into an instant combat. and the party will basically be spending the entire game either getting irritated at you, or trying to deal with you. as a dm, i would say, redo it or don't play in my group. that kinda character is just gonna cause the whole group trouble. it comes across as a complete self-centered and self-aggrandizing character designed to put you, the player, into the center of attention and force the game into the mold you dictate no matter what the dm or other players do or say. not good gamemanship.

if that is not your goal nor desire, perhaps some tweaking might be in order on your backstory.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
Try a plumber who keeps having to save his girlfriend (or, y'know, boyfriend, if you like) from an evil half-dragon anthropomorphic dire tortoise, is constantly slamming 'shrooms and huffing "flower pollen" and has a big green cracked pipe for a house.

Hey, it's not any worse than the OP's.

Or just steal Kain from Final Fantasy IV.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »
that's partially the gm's fault. who keeps making those shroom flower power villain never dies no matter what is done adventures? ^^

course, having said all that, this is coming from the guy who once couldn't think of a character name, so i wound up using 'george' from bugs bunny, as in the abominabububable snowman episodes. =P
Never game alone again!

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2011, 01:49:39 PM »
that's partially the gm's fault. who keeps making those shroom flower power villain never dies no matter what is done adventures? ^^

course, having said all that, this is coming from the guy who once couldn't think of a character name, so i wound up using 'george' from bugs bunny, as in the abominabububable snowman episodes. =P
Wouldn't Lennie be more appropriate? :P

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
well, considering all that happened to him, i thought george wound up being the best choice after all. not everyone gets sat upon by an ancient wyrm great horned dragon.... and not every dm expects what happened after that either.
Never game alone again!