Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164174 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #680 on: October 14, 2011, 12:08:13 PM »
Persona4 02
[spoiler][spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Hate. So much hate.

So Shadows get stronger if you deny them and you get to use them if your accept them as a part of yourself. Psychotherapy is Magic?
Let's see... Hanamura's card is #1. That would be the Magician.
Also, evidently Beef is Forgiveness. Ten beef steaks and ten beef bowls... that stuff's going straight to your hips, Chie.[/spoiler]

Guilty Crown 1
[spoiler]Calling it right now, Gai will turn out to be evil. You can't look like that and then not turn out to be evil. It's just not done.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:17:40 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #681 on: October 14, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
Persona4 02
[spoiler][spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Hate. So much hate.

So Shadows get stronger if you deny them and you get to use them if your accept them as a part of yourself. Psychotherapy is Magic?
Also, evidently Beef is Forgiveness. Ten beef steaks and ten beef bowls... that stuff's going straight to your hips, Chie.[/spoiler]

Guilty Crown 1
[spoiler]Calling it right now, Gai will turn out to be evil. You can't look like that and then not turn out to be evil. It's just not done.[/spoiler]

Kuma becomes less bear-able later on. Make of that what you will.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #682 on: October 14, 2011, 04:01:42 PM »
Neg
[spoiler]Before it was available via superior firepower... maybe. But now they can just do it diplomatically. Like, really easily.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
I now remembered Chisame's hax artifact, that can hack trough computer systems like tentacles trough japanese schoolgirls. That could've also been used for some non-violent world conquest easily.

[/spoiler]

Also I just readed this small manga, that includes loli communist witches with guns in WW II. Good light and fun read, all comrades should take a look!

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: October 14, 2011, 10:48:21 PM »
Persona4 02
[spoiler][spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Hate. So much hate.

Guilty Crown 1

Guilty Crown 1
[spoiler]And that MTV isn't Inori, its Mystia  :D[/spoiler]
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: October 16, 2011, 10:34:15 AM »
Also I just readed this small manga, that includes loli communist witches with guns in WW II. Good light and fun read, all comrades should take a look!

Hey, a friend of mine linked this just the other day! Amusing coincidence.

All my contact with Guilty Crown comes from /m/ hate. But it's 4chan, it hates everything*.

* Except Legend of Galactic Heroes

Did I hear some Teddie bashing here? THIS WILL NOT BE!

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #685 on: October 17, 2011, 01:40:10 PM »
Fate/stay Zero 3
[spoiler]
Seeing Saber with a suit, I can now perfectly imagine how she could pretend to be a male bishonen for around a century. Still doesn't explain why the king of England that admits to have sacrificed his own villages for tactical advantage is so naturally submissive!

Still dunno what to think about Rider. In one hand geting B2 bombers and tomahawk cruise missiles would be an excellent tactic for a flawless victory by just razing the city, on the other hand Alexander the Great is also renowed for having drunk himself to death in his early twenties, so when you see him already starting to grab bottles then your fate doesn't look very promising. :P

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #686 on: October 17, 2011, 02:44:55 PM »
Gundam AGE 2
[spoiler]Most relaxed colony-busting I've ever seen.

I smell conspiracy...

A self-evolving Gundam that learns from its enemies' abilities? With that and the intro claiming this war will last 100 years, I get the feeling Gundam AGE will be one of the more high-powered series by the end.

"This is no ordinary rifle! It makes the projectile spin!"
What.

And I agree with whoever said that Frit's pilot suit looks like Megaman.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Shinryaku! Ika Musume II 4
An... interesting episode, with everyone speaking English - some are obviously different VAs, with others it's less clear. From some of the lines, it seems the creators of the show have been reading English fansubs. :twitch
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 08:24:26 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #687 on: October 18, 2011, 10:11:58 PM »
Gundam AGE
[spoiler]So, the AGE system is Devil Gundam, huh.

We have Jamil and Chinese Loli Tiffa. Not to mention a main character who is both a kid and likeable. This is Gundam X now.

Wanna bet the UE are reverse Char, trying to force humanity BACK to Earth? Also Yurin is probably one of them, but that shouldn't surprise anyone by now.

I like the new beam rifle and the sound it makes when firing.[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #689 on: October 19, 2011, 02:00:20 PM »
Naruto
[spoiler]Sharigan + 1 = Mangakou, +1 more = Eternal version, +1 fracken more = +Rinnigan.

Srsly the plot eyes suck. Kinda glad Naruto is out of nine-tails mode maybe this fight will last longer than the refight with Nagato. Also, Summon Comet is one hell of a ninjitsu.[/spoiler]

Bleach
[spoiler]About time Captain Pride gets a run for his money. Right now, things were about techniques and not curb stomping the other guy with your power level. Kinda nice. Possibly the best fight during this series given that Ichigo's will undoubtedly be "RAWRRR Kamehameha ouch that hurt ok I'm really dedicated now" thing.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 02:02:57 PM by SorO_Lost »
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #690 on: October 19, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »
Fairy Tail
[spoiler]Ah, I wished he had made a few more before returning the cast. Would have been better.[/spoiler]

Bleach:
[spoiler]I'm tired of Rukia getting pwnd. Very tired.[/spoiler]

Naruto:
[spoiler]More eyeballs. I'm starting to believe that Kishimoto have a serious case of the Rule 34 about eyeballs and he's somewhat subtle with his fetish.[/spoiler]

One Piece:
[spoiler]Eh. That "revelation" was weaksauce.[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #691 on: October 19, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
Natural 1 on a move silently check (new One Piece)

No, no, he tried to sub Int for Dex on that one, except his intelligence is 3.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Mooncrow

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #692 on: October 21, 2011, 07:07:35 AM »
Natural 1 on a move silently check (new One Piece)

No, no, he tried to sub Int for Dex on that one, except his intelligence is 3.

Lol, that was such a hilarious moment.  It's good to see Brooke showing some real abilities this arc, too. 

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #693 on: October 21, 2011, 12:12:22 PM »
Guilty Crown 2
[spoiler]The Power of Kings is explained. Now the question is, what's the correlation between a Void and the person you pull it out of... So far: Inori gives us a big badass sword (though the sample size is too small yet to declare how many things it cannot cut, if any). The Complete Monster bishie gives a refracting barrier.

So Funeral Parlor are Darwinists. Good Darwinists or evil Darwinists? The way the tone of the show seems to be shaping up, I'd personally go with ambiguous.

Poor Shu, he actually thought he'd get out of the plot after only two episodes.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Persona4 3
[spoiler]Chie's Persona is introduced. IIV is a rather wird way of writing 3 with Roman numerals (should be III), but in any case it's the Empress, which is... kind of weird, in Chie's hands of all people. Also, it seems like they're going for one new Persona per episode. I thought maybe Yukiko and Chie would both get Personas in this episode, but I guess Yukiko is for next week?

More importantly, so Izanagi can change forms based on new 'bonds' Narukami makes with people, huh? Should get interesting. I don't see a lot of correlation between Jack Lantern here and either Chie or Yosuke, though...[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 07:26:00 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #694 on: October 21, 2011, 09:03:13 PM »
Persona 4 - note I didn't watch this yet
[spoiler]Not too surprised considering the original game's pacing - we got Yosuke and Chie almost back-to-back as Persona users. But...

Empress? What? Tomoe was Chariot originally, which fits Chie much better. Can you double-check this?
Izanagi doesn't change forms, it's just that the protagonist can have more than one Persona and switch between them.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #695 on: October 21, 2011, 09:27:15 PM »
[spoiler]Not too surprised considering the original game's pacing - we got Yosuke and Chie almost back-to-back as Persona users. But...

Empress? What? Tomoe was Chariot originally, which fits Chie much better. Can you double-check this?
Izanagi doesn't change forms, it's just that the protagonist can have more than one Persona and switch between them.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yes, Tomoe's Chariot originally. Which if they gave her VII would make more sense (Chariot is the 7th Major Arcana).

EDIT: Agita, what's the term they use?[/spoiler]

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #696 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »
Guilty Crown 2
[spoiler]The Power of Kings is explained. Now the question is, what's the correlation between a Void and the person you pull it out of... So far: Inori gives us a big badass sword (though the sample size is too small yet to declare how many things it cannot cut, if any). The Complete Monster bishie gives a refracting barrier.

So Funeral Parlor are Darwinists. Good Darwinists or evil Darwinists? The way the tone of the show seems to be shaping up, I'd personally go with ambiguous.

Poor Shu, he actually thought he'd get out of the plot after only two episodes.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Appears that everyone has a Void based on personality. So the Kaleidoscope (odd that the nickname he has is indicative of who he is as a Void weapon as well) is a spoiled brat living in his own protected sphere. And I wonder how they figured out that when a person's Void is extracted, that person is effectively helpless. And since there are 2 more Void Genomes running around, maybe Gai can get a shot of it later.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Persona4 3
[spoiler]Chie's Persona is introduced. IIV is a rather wird way of writing 3 with Roman numerals (should be III), but in any case it's the Empress, which is... kind of weird, in Chie's hands of all people. Also, it seems like they're going for one new Persona per episode. I thought maybe Yukiko and Chie would both get Personas in this episode, but I guess Yukiko is for next week?

More importantly, so Izanagi can change forms based on new 'bonds' Narukami makes with people, huh? Should get interesting. I don't see a lot of correlation between Jack Lantern here and either Chie or Yosuke, though...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Might be the burning spirit of Chie[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #697 on: October 21, 2011, 10:33:20 PM »

[spoiler]Yes, Tomoe's Chariot originally. Which if they gave her VII would make more sense (Chariot is the 7th Major Arcana).

EDIT: Agita, what's the term they use?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]They haven't called it anything yet. If it's Chariot in the original, I guess they just messed up with the facing of the card, since it's IIV, which is normally invalid and would be 3, but comes out as 7 if reversed. The Chariot does fit her a lot better.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: October 21, 2011, 10:52:17 PM »
Negima.

[spoiler]Mana's backstory does seem similar to Emiya Shirou's

And rofl Setsuna's delusions[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:00:47 PM by Nick »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #699 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:37 AM »
Negima
[spoiler]Eva: Setsuna, you...your delusions develop just like my Chachamaru's

Also, ouch.[/spoiler]
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."