Author Topic: Anime & Manga 3  (Read 164203 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Anime & Manga 3
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2011, 09:38:10 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »
The Inspector 23 - "The Heart of a Fallen Angel"
[spoiler]We open with Granzon on the moon, Shu telling the guys stuck there that he hacked the Inspectors' network to shut down their bioroids.

Looks like the Raven Parts have been installed, and we also get to see Wildwurger's Jacket Armour being attached.

One of Wendolo's eyes glows red as he says something about creation and destruction. Don't tell me he's an Einst in this continuity...

KoRyuOh is launched? And I note that it has disc-shaped shoulders rather than the game's spherical ones. But it doesn't accomplish much against Alfimi.

Gan-duro struggles against one of Rein Weissritter's beams... and then the Alt blocks a direct hit like it's nothing. Beam Coat rocks.

...wait, does Alfimi have a piano in her cockpit?

That was the easiest deprogramming I've ever seen. Kyosuke tells Alfimi "Excellen has nothing to do with it" and she snaps out of it instantly.

Apparently RyuKoOh can merge its magic talismans with R-3's Strike Shields and link the minds of nine psychodrivers to create the seal from a cerebremancer's wet dreams.

Lots of nekkid scenes. Including one where Excellen's body is glowing but her head is not, and none of Kyosuke is glowing. ??? I assume that was for censorship.

I'm not sure what that was at the end - it appeared to be either the Gespenst-III's monster form or an Einst Eisen.
[/spoiler]
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2011, 08:20:14 PM »

The Inspector 23 - "The Heart of a Fallen Angel"

[spoiler]
Tiger-dragon can roar in space? No mercy for the laws of physics!

Finally Kyosuke back on the frontlines! And it seems like the Alteisen Riese has gained a level in Super Robot as it gets stronger when Kyosuke starts screaming to it.

One of Wendolo's eyes glows red as he says something about creation and destruction. Don't tell me he's an Einst in this continuity...
Unlikely since then he would have no reason to be fighting the einsts right now.

My vote goes for cyborg implant/nanonmachines in order to better pilot the Dikasis.

Apparently RyuKoOh can merge its magic talismans with R-3's Strike Shields and link the minds of nine psychodrivers to create the seal from a cerebremancer's wet dreams.
Full magic-psionics transparency it seems! Also they bothered to make a transformation animation this time. :p

I'm not sure what that was at the end - it appeared to be either the Gespenst-III's monster form or an Einst Eisen.
It was the Gespent-III of course, since it's
1-Extra nasty looking
2-In the burning ruins of the Shaddow Mirror's ex-base.
3-The Einst boss mentioned he was their sucessfull experiment.

Of course this can only mean one thing... BEOWULF VS KYOSUKE SHOWDOWN when the einst boss tries to merge realities! :D

The Einst Eisen are much more clumsy looking. Shame they never appeared tough. Or perhaps they'll show up as elite mooks in the end.

Also seems like Alfimi will be changing to emo mode from now on as she was deemed expendable. Well dominatrix loli was good while it lasted.

[/spoiler]

Now off to watch Madoka 11!

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2011, 08:26:02 PM »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2011, 09:07:37 PM »
About that...

Hmm, one would expect this be the perfect time for the entertainment industry to work extra hard trying to keep the morale up
The studio's building is totaled. It might take until Walpurgis Night to air the last ep.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2011, 09:08:05 PM »
Yukkuri Mami
In retrospect, I should've seen that coming.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 09:34:50 PM »
I'm actually a lot more worried about THIS!
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »
I'm actually a lot more worried about THIS!
*browses links*
WTF?

Summed up:
"The youth of today have no culture! Anime, manga and the internet lead to evils such as child rape and homosexuality! Now read my awesome series of novels about child rape which some people once tried to recreate. They're literature, so they can only enrich our childrens' minds. Though anyone who lets a child see the cover of a manga version of them is sick filth who should be imprisoned. Banning everything will stop otaku from having defective genes somehow."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 10:13:46 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2011, 10:08:26 PM »
If only Sunic were an otaku, we could teach him Japanese and set him on this guy.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
If only Sunic were an otaku, we could teach him Japanese and set him on this guy.

Start by translating Hi Welcome.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:18:03 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 09:57:14 AM »

Start by translating Hi Welcome.
Trouble is, there are multiple versions of "Hi" depending on time of day.
My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 12:26:39 PM »
Not a problem.

Youkoso yo!

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2011, 01:09:13 PM »
About that...

I am not happy about this at all.

I shall have to book a flight to Japan and help rebuild their studio myself...

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »
About that...

I am not happy about this at all.

I shall have to book a flight to Japan and help rebuild their studio myself...

What, you haven't mastered astral projection yet?  :P

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »
I find my astral self isnt really capable of manual labour.

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

I think we should google japanese forums for the user with the highest usage of Youkoso Yo. We will have then found Japanese Sunic. I leave the problem of how to sic him on anti-manganists a problem for bilingual minds.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
Not that it was obviously an approximate translation.

?????????would probably work just as well.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."