Author Topic: Re: Fuck You to casters.  (Read 1368 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Fuck You to casters.
« on: February 26, 2011, 05:03:50 PM »
The point of all this is that Karsites have the inability to use magic as a racial trait.

Meaning that even if the spellcaster has all of his slots remaining, he can't do a thing with them. He would even lose many of the feats that require spell-slots to work, as he can no longer cast spells.

Anyway, this is more of a humiliation tactic, and a scare tactic for other casters, because, you know, there are ways of hiding which spell you used, as has been pointed out.

Remember, why kill someone immediately when you can utterly humiliate them first?

Besides, if you can hit them with Alter Self, they do not get a save, do not have to be willing, don't get SR...

And with those crawling tattoos, I can see an StP Erudite doing this at 5th level, taking out casters of higher level, because seriously, who is threatened by freakin' Alter Self?

And as for the ability, here is the quote from Realmshelp:

Spellcasting Inability: A karsite cannot cast arcane or divine spells, even if he takes levels in a class that grants spellcasting ability. He can use spell-like abilities, psionic powers, and magic items normally.

[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Re: Fuck You to casters.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 05:05:19 PM »
Can one of the mods merge this with the actual topic?
It ended up separate as a mistake (my computer shut down in the middle of posting.)

Thanks.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing