Author Topic: Anyone seen a good set of custom/3rd party power cards?  (Read 3100 times)

Janthkin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Anyone seen a good set of custom/3rd party power cards?
« on: February 24, 2011, 05:25:39 PM »
One of my players recently started playing a PHB3 Psion.  I was distressed when I discovered that WotC hasn't made power card decks for the PHB3 classes, and is showing no plans of doing so.  (I'm also distressed that Wizards of the Bloody Coast, makers of M:tG, can't be bothered to put any artwork on power cards, but that's a separate issue.)

I know DDI/Character Builder is an option, but I hear it doesn't do a very good job with the PHB3 classes - stories about Psion powers not fitting on a single card, for example.

Any resources out there, before I break down & make my own?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Anyone seen a good set of custom/3rd party power cards?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »
Someone here had a way of making your own in Excel (probably any spreadsheet). It may help if you have to go that route.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 05:34:09 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Melblen_Cairn

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 09:39:52 PM »
Yup, my post not far down from this thread has the Power Cards that I created in excel. Haven't had a lot of time to upload an example. Thread is found HERE for instructions.
Wisdom has two parts; Having a lot to say and not saying it.

GM for Dawn of Defiance
Eliana Toiba Abijah in Isle Noir: Bad Karma.
Rose Marie Wentworth in The Artifact: Prologue