Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill  (Read 186547 times)

godzilla5939

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill
« Reply #480 on: March 13, 2011, 11:20:56 PM »
Q 166 Can full attacks be used to tip, disarm, etc.

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #481 on: March 13, 2011, 11:42:39 PM »
A 166:  All except Bull Rush, which is a standard action.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #482 on: March 14, 2011, 03:19:29 AM »
A 166:  All except Bull Rush, which is a standard action.
...or full-round when used while charging.

Overrun is also a special action.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #483 on: March 14, 2011, 03:41:06 AM »
bumping again

Q 145 How do you figure out the least CL needed for items like belt of magnificence, or amulet of health when running an E6 or E8 game? With the amulet of health, it says CL 8th for all three versions (+2 to +6), when if you were make your amulet of health from scratch, you could theoretically go with Spell level x CL x 2000 and pay 12000 for an item that gives you a continuous +4 to CON instead of paying 16000.

Q 165 Is there a shirt or anything that mimics mage armor, besides bracers of armor?[/quote]
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Esgath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #484 on: March 14, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »
Q 168: Can I tumble while charging? And if yes, can I still make my double movement?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:06:00 AM by Esgath »

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #485 on: March 14, 2011, 07:17:00 AM »
A165 According to MIC, page 234, armor bonus can be placed on the Arms slot and the Body slot.
As for specific items, MIC has Bracers of Retaliation, Cloak of Battle, Impervious Vestment, Rings of Force Armor, Robe of Arcane Might, Robe of the Inferno, Skin of Ectoplasmic Armor, Vest of the Archmagi, possibly more.

A145 I think the caster level and price is given historically; D&D 3.0 had the same requirements. Your homebrew item would cost twice the amount you stated (modified by duration, read more here, http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm, see comment 3 under second table)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 07:41:20 AM by cru »

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #486 on: March 14, 2011, 07:57:47 AM »
Q 168: Can I tumble while charging? And if yes, can I still make my double movement?
A168
I don't see anything that says you can't.  take a -10 to do it at full speed.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #487 on: March 14, 2011, 09:36:12 AM »
A168
I don't see anything that says you can't.  take a -10 to do it at full speed.
The acrobatic charge class ability specifically allows you to tumble during a charge. I think that points to "no".
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #488 on: March 14, 2011, 09:42:56 AM »
A168
The acrobatic charge class ability specifically allows you to tumble during a charge. I think that points to "no".
as in the 7th level swashbuckler ability?
no -- it lets you charge over rough terrain.  the mention of jump and tumble checks is one of circumstance -- meaning that this ability does not remove the need to make those checks.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #489 on: March 14, 2011, 09:46:36 AM »
A168
as in the 7th level swashbuckler ability?
no -- it lets you charge over rough terrain.  the mention of jump and tumble checks is one of circumstance -- meaning that this ability does not remove the need to make those checks.
Hmm, point.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #490 on: March 14, 2011, 10:33:25 AM »
Q169Can miracle duplicate a spell which is in a clerical domain but  not in tha regular cleric list?
For example can it duplicate Polymorph any object from trickery domain?

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #491 on: March 14, 2011, 10:55:56 AM »
Q169Can miracle duplicate a spell which is in a clerical domain but  not in tha regular cleric list?
A169
the way I read it, only 7th-level or lower for domain spells other than your chosen domains.

[spoiler]

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #492 on: March 14, 2011, 04:36:23 PM »
A169
the way I read it, only 7th-level or lower for domain spells other than your chosen domains.

This is correct. Polymorph any object is a divine spell thanks to Trickery, but it's not a Cleric spell (otherwise Clerics could just cast it).
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #493 on: March 14, 2011, 04:55:55 PM »
Q 170: Does an intelligent undead naturally heal 1 Hit Point per Hit Die each night?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #494 on: March 14, 2011, 05:02:12 PM »
Q 170: Does an intelligent undead naturally heal 1 Hit Point per Hit Die each night?

Yes. The Undead type specifically notes that non-intelligent undead don't heal on their own (without fast healing), thereby implying that the default natural healing rules apply to intelligent undead.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

Vinom

• Hong Kong
  • Rejoice, Bad things are about to happen!
    • Email
« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »

Yes. The Undead type specifically notes that non-intelligent undead don't heal on their own (without fast healing), thereby implying that the default natural healing rules apply to intelligent undead.

The construct type also says this.
A player once asked me if there was any way to make a Tarrasque more evil... 3 sessions later he was stoned with D20s as the PC led an exidus out of the path of a Dire Tarrasque of Legendary Wonder.

Quote from:  Sarda the Sage
You're a quick thinker and spiteful, I can respect that. You won't be killed, Bikke

Never trust a smiling laughing chuckling grinning emotionless drunk, you know what Never Trust a DM!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature

Pulling off Pun-pun in 26 rounds

N00bs, because all gamers have to start somewhere

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Remember, Mobs are at least as stupid as their dumbest member.

bananaphone

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • ring ring ring ring ring ring ring...
« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2011, 02:17:53 AM »
Q 171:
I have a warrior that is wearing a gauntlet on his main hand and wielding a scimitar with his main hand.
Can I attack interchangeably with my gauntlet and scimitar?
For example with 3 attacks:  1.)Scimitar, 2.)Backhand with Gauntlet, 3.)Scimitar again

I'm not trying to get extra attacks, but I wanted to slash, or backhand a foe if I wanted to. 
Essentially what I wanted to do was enchant my scimitar with things that I would use all the time such as Shadow Striking, and enchant my gauntlet with situational things like Binding.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:19:30 AM by bananaphone »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2011, 02:57:36 AM »
Q 172 Is the dread linnorm from MMII really CR 25? I'm wondering if I missed an errata somewhere because there's an elite version in Dungeon Mag 149 that's even more powerful (called an "elite") than the one in the manual, and it's only CR 22.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2011, 03:38:55 AM »
Q 172 Is the dread linnorm from MMII really CR 25? I'm wondering if I missed an errata somewhere because there's an elite version in Dungeon Mag 149 that's even more powerful (called an "elite") than the one in the manual, and it's only CR 22.
I'm guessing the edition change altered how useful some of its abilities were perceived to be.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2011, 03:40:19 AM »
I'm guessing the edition change altered how useful some of its abilities were perceived to be.
That's possible. I just wish I knew what the new CR's supposed to be. The errata I have, as well as the 3.5 update don't mention a thing regarding the CR going down.