Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill  (Read 186561 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 23: You know the drill
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2011, 04:20:53 PM »
Q?105: Does anyone have a list of all of the iconic CO builds, like the mailman and Jack B. Quick etc.? preferably with links, although I can always track them down if no one has a link...
Don't know if it's the exact one, but I've got this mailman build, Sorcerer 6/Incantatrix 10/Arcane Devotee 2/Marshal 1/Spellsword 1, from
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer?pg=1
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2011, 04:23:47 PM »
^thank you, you wouldn't happen to have any other iconic build links would you?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
^thank you, you wouldn't happen to have any other iconic build links would you?
Quick Google search on that one found a level 20 human fighter.
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869062/6_hits_to_1:_Jack_B._Quick?pg=1

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2011, 04:31:08 PM »
^thanks again, do you know of any other iconic builds?
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.

[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2011, 04:33:02 PM »

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2011, 04:36:53 PM »
^Thanks, that helps a lot
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Slz the Resolute

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Q106ish For a Factotum5/Chameleon2; would their levels stack for the Obtain Familiar feat?

From Complete Arcane
For the purpose of determining familiar abilities that depend on your arcane caster class level, your levels in all classes that allow you to cast arcane spells stack.

Clarification: I want to get the Winter Wolf familiar(when I have the +7bab) with the feat Imp. Familiar. I was wondering if my factotum and the chameleon levels would stack?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 04:54:21 PM by Slz the Resolute »

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2011, 11:19:25 PM »
Q?107: What are the best spells for a sorcerer to take arcane thesis for?(limit 3)
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2011, 11:25:20 PM »
Q?107: What are the best spells for a sorcerer to take arcane thesis for?(limit 3)

Wings of Flurry.  Accept no substitutes.

JaronK

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2011, 11:59:18 PM »

JaronK
Telekinesis.  Because wings of flurry is for chumps.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:33 AM »

JaronK
Telekinesis.  Because wings of flurry is for chumps.

Thanks to you both, and could I please get a third?
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #331 on: March 07, 2011, 12:10:35 AM »
Orb of Force. Because unresistable damage that hits /everything/ is great to metamagic up.

Alternately, Enervation, because throwing out a twinned split empowered maximized invisible enervate is just hilarious.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #332 on: March 07, 2011, 02:19:35 AM »
Q 108 If you had to wager a guess, how many LA would you say "The Worm Who Walks" is? The Paragon template is said to be maybe 15 LA. I can believe that. I was thinking 15 for this thing as well. I know neither of them have one, but if this one did, what do you think it would be?

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #333 on: March 07, 2011, 03:46:45 AM »
Q 109:  If I have an initiate of the seven veils necropolitan and I Haunt Shift him into a sword, can he then place his veils on said sword?

What if I used PaO instead?

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #334 on: March 07, 2011, 05:57:48 AM »
Q 108 If you had to wager a guess, how many LA would you say "The Worm Who Walks" is? The Paragon template is said to be maybe 15 LA. I can believe that. I was thinking 15 for this thing as well. I know neither of them have one, but if this one did, what do you think it would be?
Actually you would find that both the paragon template and the worm who walks are given an la in Epic Level Handbook....
It gives their ECL in page 56 so it is a simple matter to deduce their LA.....
Of course it is an another matter if given LA is fair and balanced....
For example the Worm that walks has an La of 4 because the example character has an ECL of 27 and has 23 levels....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #335 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:56 AM »
Actually you would find that both the paragon template and the worm who walks are given an la in Epic Level Handbook....
For example the Worm that walks has an La of 4 because the example character has an ECL of 27 and has 23 levels....
I might be mistaken, but I thought that there weren't any LA in 3.0, just 3.5. As well, page 56 is in the middle of the epic feats list.

CR maybe, but not LA. It can't possibly be that low. I mean, I know the half-celestial and half-fiend are overpriced, and maybe even the half-dragon template, but no LA +4 template would ever give you just +20 insight AC and Blindsight 300 ft, let alone all the other stuff you get.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #336 on: March 07, 2011, 06:20:58 AM »
I might be mistaken, but I thought that there weren't any LA in 3.0, just 3.5. As well, page 56 is in the middle of the epic feats list.

CR maybe, but not LA. It can't possibly be that low. I mean, I know the half-celestial and half-fiend are overpriced, and maybe even the half-dragon template, but no LA +4 template would ever give you just +20 insight AC and Blindsight 300 ft, let alone all the other stuff you get.
Well it gives their ECL....
We know that ECL=Hd+La.....
So it a simple matter if we know both ECL and Hd to calculate their La....
Of course it is another matter if these official Las are considered fair,but WoTC has given them....

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #337 on: March 07, 2011, 06:25:27 AM »
IIRC, though, it takes an epic spell to make one anyway, so the LA is pretty pointless.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #338 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:20 AM »

Well it gives their ECL....
We know that ECL=Hd+La.....
So it a simple matter if we know both ECL and Hd to calculate their La....
Of course it is another matter if these official Las are considered fair,but WoTC has given them....

I meant page 156....
Sorry for the confusion....

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #339 on: March 07, 2011, 10:56:42 AM »
WtW is ECL 27. It has 23 HD. Safe to call it a +4 LA.