Author Topic: Has anyone run the numbers on the Sadism spell? (BOVD)  (Read 1419 times)

Eviltedzies

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
Has anyone run the numbers on the Sadism spell? (BOVD)
« on: February 23, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
The wording of the spell is very open and by RAW it doesn't even seem like you have to be present for, or even on the same plane as, the damage being delt.

So does this mean if I somehow had 100 captive people on my person and then dealt each of them 10 points of damage in one round I would recieve a +100 luck bonus on the following round?

Could I theoretically set up a system where my X number of "captives" are kept somewhere safe while I go out adventuring. Every round have a spell/effect deal 10 points of damage precisely to each of them and then have a second spell/effect heal them for exactly 10 points of damage. Thusly giving myself a continuous +X luck bonus to my attack, saves, and skill checks anytime I pop Sadism?
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

Lo77o

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Guns dont kill people, apes with guns kills people
    • Email
Re: Has anyone run the numbers on the Sadism spell? (BOVD)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 07:46:46 AM »
I dont see any reason why this shouldent work. Iv used it on BBEG's in the past, where there is several torture chambers in the complex, and unless the players free the victims first, the BBEG is rather buffed.

Should work for a player as well, will just need a bit of work to keep going.
"Home is where you can find a decent graveyard and strangers can disappear without awkward questions." - Braids, Cabal Minion

AtomicKitKat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:49 AM »
Air Bottle+Bag of Holding.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »
Enveloping Pit + Ring of Sustenances + Bottle Of Air + Trolls.

If you can find some air-subrace trolls you don't need air.  You can extract liquid pain from them while you're doing it, too.